Meetings

PurpleSky said:
Oh our c does that and she does games and stuff its quite fun actually

Do you go to my group everything you've said is the same as my group!
You do get put what you put in. I do the scales at group and very occasionally the shop and I love seeing how everyone has done each week and the people who have had good losses I get first hand the tips that got them that great loss, I enjoy my group much more now I'm so involved in everything!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, the consultants have to go around everyone in group (we all pay for the group - so how could you leave anyone out?).

If you don't find your group motivational - DON'T LEAVE - STAY AND IMPROVE YOUR GROUP!!!!

If you want advice about eating out - ASK!!
If you want advice about emotional eating - ASK!!

When it comes around to your turn - Ask for the group's advice. If someone else says 'I ate XXX and I've still lost' - ask them how they did it - maybe they were really good the rest of the week? Had they been eating a lot of superspeed food? Drinking a lot of water?

I raise lots of topics that I've found on here... I see it as bringing a little bit of Minimins magic to the rest of Slimming Worldom!!

Your group CAN BE DIFFERENT!!!! Your group CAN BE BETTER!!!! Your group CAN ONLY BE AS GOOD AT THE PEOPLE WHO ATTEND.

Great comments and i did get that vibe when i first joined but i think it is because the group is soooooo massive now that it overuns so you don't want to take up everyones time, after all we all work hard for our losses. our group leader is great and we did have some great tips when she had the time, maybe i should try and find a smaller group?? :bunnydance:

I love our group! And so does our C - she has 2 groups and regularly says she wishes her other group gave as much input as ours. We always run over the time we're allocated for the session. She rarely goes around everyone, asking how they've done - stating that if you don't want to share your losses or gains then you don't have to. Instead she asks who is pleased with themsleves and who is disappointed so you only have to share if you want to. We have a taster session every month. Lots of us take in several copies of new recipes we've found to share with the group - especially me since I found this forum :D. We talk about where the bargains are so that the plan doesn't have to be as expensive as we all thought it would be when we first started!!!! share tips on things like how to cut down syn values, make tastier substitutes etc. And of course there are the inspirational stories - eg we found out last week that one of our members has lost a staggering 21 stone!!!!! :eek: before she joined SW to help her lose the last 2 stone, and she's been attending for about 3 months now and no-one knew her story!!! That discussion went on to talk about excess skin and the NHS and stuff - very informative.

As Lonestitcher says - you only get out of group what you're prepared to put in.

And if you really aren't happy and feel you're wasting your money then join another group - like my C says, she runs 2 groups and they are both very different from each other.

Auntynet, sounds like you've got a belting group there :) that's what it's all about supporting each other and sharing tips and advice! And your right about minimins, I think I'm becoming a bit obsessed. Fab site and loads of support on here too xxxx

Honestly, my leader is a bit pants BUT the rest of my group is great. They are a nice bunch of people and full of lovely ideas, my consultant doesn't motivate me but my group does.

To be fair WW are much better at meetings even if the diet isn't as good. I was a WW leader for 2 years and SO MUCH work went into each meeting, we had a theme/leaflet and had to write a 30 minute meeting around it that encouraged audience participation. The aim was for the group to learn something new each week and walk away feeling motivated, none of the going round the group asking each person what they lost/gained. We could single out individuals who had great weeks and maybe speak to someone who was disappointed but the rest of the meeting was dedicated to learning. Its a shame its not the same in SW :(

I was going to say something but then found that Lonestitcher and Circes had got there first - so - what they said!!!

It's each to their own!
And a good job really because if everyone at my group chose to stay for the meeting we would most certainly need a new venue!
I personally stay for meetings, I did at ww, and I do at sw.
But I do think it is a valuable point to be made that by the time everyone has been weighed, and the C has gone around the group with everyone's losses, the hour has more than overrun and there isn't much time for chat. This is the case at my group anyway. It's nobody's fault and I don't blame my C, they do a fab job and they are very good at what they do, but when the group is massive that is what happens! We all go to slimming world to lose weight, what do the other 50odd members who stay for meeting gain by hearing I lost a lb or 2! By all means congratulate those hitting a milestone, they definitely deserve it.
I like to get my chat in whilst waiting for everyone else to be weighed..
xxxxx

Well for the first few classes I stayed but got bored then trie another class and didn't like that either and eventually found my current class Which is fab
Unfortunately the good class for me is not as convenient but I get more out of it and look forward to it!!!

Actually, the part of the class I enjoy best is the bit between weighing in and the class actually starting. Chatting to people, buying raffle tickets and magazines, etc., reading through the recipe books, seeing who is new.

Back