Mega Struggles !!!!!!!!!!

fitz

Lovin it !!! :)
Hi guys
Wtll, Monday I start a new job :D (it's a very large concern and there are 8 of us starting), but today we were invited in for a coffee:D ,meet some of the team, have a look round etc. Although a huge multi million pound business, they are very relaxed and have these gatherings for new starters so that staff are already a little familiar with the place etc prior to officially starting. Anyway, after having coffee in their Starbucks :) coffee shop, chatting etc, we were shown round - yes you guessed it - they started with the restaurant facilities. :eek: OMG - I am going to struggle big time for the next 5 weeks (the duration of the group training) not only do thay have an electronic sandwich ordering facility - seemed like a hundred different breads, fillings, condiments, sauces etc but there is a massive salad bar, soup bar, jkt spud bar, traditional food bar, cook to order wok bar, dessert bar, crisps, snacks, etc etc but it is all subsidised !!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Obviously we will all be having our lunch break together for the next 5 weeks so it is gonna be mega hard. At the moment I try not to have any of my packs at all during the day as I find I "need" (phsychologically) them most in the evening. So, I will continue that while I am there, but am worrying about the " not for me thanks - I don't eat anything all day " statement I will be making. Yes I know it's nobody elses business but I just feel like, at a time when we will all be bonding, I will instantly be alienating myself ????!!! Oh dear I am being paranoid aren't I - whats the big deal here I ask myself.:confused: Just wanted to get it all out ! x

Wow that is a big test the place sounds great. But you can do it.

Did you meet some of the others? If so what is you gut feeling about them. Id be inclined if it was good just to be up front and honest and tell them, but you have to be strong to be able to do that.

You usually find that after a few weeks most of the appeal of all the offer on the food will have also died down a bit, after all not everyone would be tucking into great feasts eveyday.

Hope all goes well and Good Luck in the new job.

Hi
Thanks ! Well the others were mostly young, trendy and slim !! There were some lads there who I know will obviously be eating for britain - don't they all lol. I'm sure I am probably getting in a tissy over nothing, but just wanted to tell somebody who I knew would understand. x

i totally understand where u r coming from! if it were me i would panic a little. Im totally focused BUT still keep myself out of certain situations just cos i dont want to be challenged too much. why start despising the dieting when i dnt need to? i havent even gone shopping this week. just topping up milk ad bread from the local shop as i dont wanna see anything that i could potentially buy and stuff my face with in the car b4 i get home lol.

all i can say is good luck. u r doing really well and hwile it will be a challenge u can do without, im sure u will rise to it. imagine how wonderful u will feel each week u have successfully ignored all the goodies too!

Back