MelanieP.....Made a decision about CD, going to SS

Right, been feeling really crap with cold and chest infection, so had a few days off.

Mum starts tomorrow, so I am too.

I have suggested she does 790 as she is type 2 diabetic and the lady she will be seeing is trying to get her to have 2 packs and a meal, think she will be disappointed with the weightloss on that one.

So Pea what day are you on??

Erm, going to bed so tomorrow makes day 24!! :eek: Don't think the scales are moving, but I have been ill and on anti-biotics which can screw things up!!

Tell your mum loss on 790 is comparable to SS, and is often easier to maintain! And so glad you've got your family behind you. We're gonna do this Pea! :cool:

Mel is your mum on medication?

I am a bit concerned about the 2 packs and a meal this would be far too low for someone with type II diabetes.

Medication must be stopped if she is to undertake SS and the doctor must sign that he will monitior her blood sugars. If she is on Metformin and he agrees she can do CD but does not stop the meds she cannot do below 1200.

If the doctor does not sign she is not allowed to follow any programme at all.

If she is on any other medication for diabetes other than Metformin she cannot do CD either.

It is really important to get this right.

Linda

Phooey, didn't read that bit right!! :( Linda is absolutely right - if your Mum is doing 1000 then two packs plus food is right, but not on 790. Hope you get it sorted honey.

Hi Ladies
Mum is on Metformin, having 2 foodpacks and a meal, was also told she can have fruit. She is supposed to do this for 2 weeks then review it.

As far as I am aware no one has mentioned she should come off her medication, doctor wants to monitor her seeing her once a month.

Linda do you have any info you can send me via e-mail, last thing I want is her getting ill.

Thanks
Mel

p.s. off to bed in a mo, day 1 successfully completed - yipee !!!! :D :p :D :p

Hi Mel,

I have emailed you the diabetes info. If she is still on metformin that is okay if she is following the higher programmes with food.

If you look in your yellow book look at the 1200 and 1500 programmes you will see it is recommended 1500 for two weeks then 1200 for two weeks.

2 shakes is correct on but one meal and fruit is not sufficient she needs to have a breakfast, lunch and dinner based around the GI diet this is all in the booklet.

Once you have looked through it you have any queries give me a call I am around tomorrow.

Linda

Hi Linda
Thanks, I have received the e-mail, now printing for mum, looks like she didn't get the info, but her CDC did puy a note on the bottom of her medical form, that she suggests 1500KCal for 2 weeks - she didn't tell me that. So looks like it's ok, will talk her through it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the info, if I know what she should be doing then I can keep an eye on her.

I've also sen you an e-mail
Mel

Nearly 5 days done, feeling happy.

Mum started on Monday weighed herself yesterday thinks she's lost 3lb, so not bad for doing 1500Kcal

Hi Linda
Yeah I was surprised, thought maybe 3-4lb for her first week, but might be hitting 5lb, hope she does, make the week worth while.
Weighed myself this morning, I was holding 7lb in water on monday (TOTM) that has gone plus a few more pounds. Now weight 17st 4lb, hoping the last 4lb will go by Monday.

You are doing well hunni - keep it up!

Julie xxx

Thanks Ladies, nearly through day 6, denim skirt is getting bigger already, might be back into my size 16 by end of next week :D :p
Mum is doing really well, she's looking forward to Monday for her first official weigh in

Day 7 completed, day 8 nearly over. Still at 17st 4lb, but happy with that.
New week new weight loss.

Had a bad week; work is a nightmare, 2 days training and a full days work on top, had a few nibbles Tuesday and Wednesday, yesterday workd from 0730 until 2230 had nothing with me for dinner.

Today has not been much better, but I really feel it's out of my system. I have struggled for ages, but I am feeling more positive and know that I can lose this weight.

I'm debating ss and 790 to see me through the next month, will have a chat with linda and make the decision, I know the weightloss isn't much different.

Back