Melanie's Diary - I've lost 4 stones!

Well back to red and mix to max for me and I managed to shift 3lbs, so feel a bit more motivated.

But depressing thoughts of the day (I've been in a thinking mood which is never good!).

I will never be 'thin' - even when I get to target, I'l always have the I want it but I can't have it mentality and will have to constantly watch myself. After all, 40 years of eating habits don't just disappear becasue the weight did.

Also, when I get to target, what will be my motivation to maintain? When I WI every week, and I lose weight, I get such a boost which spurs me on for the next week and so on. When the scales sts each week, where's my little 'reward'?

Depressing eh?

Any thoughts anyone?

I know what you mean Melanie. I will always be following SW. I know as soon as I stop doing it consciously I will gain weight.

Hopefully the buzz that you get when you look in the mirror will be enough for you.

I think with me one week I will be at target the next I will have put on and will need to lose it and so on and so on.....

Saturday again - yay!

B - hi fi bar (B), skinny latte (A) - I know, must try harder for breakfast, especially at weekend.
L - chicken and veg soup (1 syn for stock)
D - lime and chilli marinaded chicken, prawns, roasted peppers and red onion, dry roasted potatoes (B).

Not sure whether to have any more syns later on - trying to cut back a bit today and tomorrow on syns to get a good loss this week hopefully.

Me and the lovely daughter registered for Race for Life for Cancer Research UK this week and got our packs through today. We'll both be dressed up for the occasion (!) so, considering our lack of any sort of sportiness/fitness, it should be a bit of a sight. The link's below if anyone would like to sponsor me - I'd be really grateful.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Food for yesterday sounds good, like sound of lime and chilli marinated prawns - yum yum! Will visit your sponsor page when I've had payday:)Good luck with all your training :)

Thanks Snow White - that would be much appreciated.

Well not bothering getting dressed to day as I'm not going out anywhere.

Todays menu - red

Brunch (too late for breakfast, too early for lunch!) sausages (1 syn), bacon, mushrooms, egg, beans (B)
Dinner - roast chicken, loads of veg, dry roasties (B) gravy (1 syn).

Best of all, roast chicken dinner will be cooked by OH so its feet up for me - which is a good thing as since Thursday I've had really painful back ache. No idea why, it just came on gradually throughout the day. Driving is painful and it hurts when I go fro sitiing to standing and vice versa. And when I sneeze...OMG!

Curling up with some uni reading this afternoon I think, heating on, cup of tea etc - bliss.

Have a good day folk.

Sorry about your bad back Melanie but your day sounds like bliss. I can't remember the last time someone cooked for me. I'm not getting dressed either.

Yep - by May I should be very near target so not too chubby a fairy I'm hoping and will be able to do a little more running than walking (well, jogging at least). I was considering doing the Manchester 10K run in May with a team from work, but decided that it would be too much too soon and I'd be gutted if I didn't finish, so this is far more do-able I think.
Just lolling around at the moment waiting for dinner to be cooked by the lovely Paul - chicken is in and smells really good.

Well unexpectedly off work today as daughter is ill - she's been sick, poor thing. I had a bit of a slip last night with a bottle of wine (!) I was home alone and got a bit bored so I need to cut right back on syns for the next few days to make amends as I want a loss at WI on Monday for sure.

Not sure what today's menu will be. I was planning a chicken curry for dinner tonight but can't go out for my chicken now so will have to have a bit of a rethink, maybe a rummage in the freezer will unearth something edible.

Just having a sneaky watch of Jeremy Kyle - I know - but I love it and can't help but watch when I'm not at work.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Saturday!

Well, I bought a pink tutu for my race for life costume (fairy). I also have my wings and glittery headband. I think the way to go may be a pair of leggings underneath the tutu as its really quite short.

Good day foodwise:

B - All Bran (B), Milk (A)
Snack skinny latte (A)
L - beef goulash (left over from last night)
D - on its way courtesy of the lovely Paul, roast lamb, veggies, dry roast potatoes (B) gravy (1)

No syns for me today - still trying to rescue a few back after my home alone with bottle of wine incident on Thursday night.

Poorly daughter is so much better than she was, but still quite ill. She's had bad headache, sore throat and hot/cold. She was only sick yesterday morning so its not the horrid vomit bug after all.
I may try to get back into the gym tomorrow morning as my back feels almost better again (its been over a week) so if I just go on the treadmill I won't cause it any further damage.

Have a lovely evening.

Well, have got tickets to see Mamma Mia stage show in London on 17th April. Am really rather excited...

Today's menu: (Red)

B - banana and strawberry pancakes (thank you to whoever posted these in the recipe sticky - they really are quite good)
L - home made chicken and veg soup
D - chicken curry, spicy potatoes (B)

Milk in brews (A)
Hi fi bar (B)
Syns in curry paste - 2

Reckon I will have pulled back my syns from the bad behaviour on Thursday night with the wine monster, just in time for WI tomorrow night, so all is well.

Going to study for what's left of the afternoon, then relax in front of Dancing on Ice this evening (loving it) and an early night ready for another week at work.

Have a good one everyone.

Seem to have mad a bit of an impulse purchase today - damn that pesky internet! - and have managed to order myself a treadmill! It's meant to arrive tomorrow. Its quite big and sturdy (just as well with me pounding on it!) but I think it will go in the dining room. If I cancel my gym membership - I only used the gym not the pool or the classes and I mainly used the treadmill, and that's only when I could be bothered to drag myslef down there - this will pay for itself in less than 12 months. So see, I saved money really and should be applauded for my positive approach to the credit crunch (at least that's what I'll say later if there is an undignified tussle over my credit card!). So if I really put my mind to it and crack on, I could be running the Race for Life after all instead of walking.

Good news at WI tonight - a 3lb loss. Mind you, I'm not sure the scales were just right as we were in a different room and the scales were on carpet instead of a hard floor, so I'll try to be positive next week about it if I get a sts. It could be ok though as not everyone had good losses and there were some gains too.

Food for today (red)

B - hi fi bar (B) skinny latte (A)
L - chicken salad
snack - muller
D - salmon wrapped in parma ham (0.5) with loads of veggies and potatoes (B) with garlic and herb dressing (1). Maybe a glass of wine (4.5) for later and a slic of weetabix cake (2)

Syns for day 8 - all good then.

Hope you're all ok tonight and enjoying the snow - not too bad at all here at the moment but I believe more is expected over night so we'll se what tomorrow is like.

Yes indeedy - fully motorised, digital, takes your pulse, the full works!!
And no unseemly tussle over the credit card either - OH thinks its funny and quite likes the impulsive me!

I've been getting full use out of my treadmill since I got it and can now do a bit of a run on it, although I did have to go and get kitted out with a huge scary sports bra - the one I had was about 10 years old and of no use, and things were getting very ugly! I'm thinking of trying the 5k running plan posted on the other board.

Its a flexi evening today and am treating myself to an Indian and some wine - I fully deserve it after the week I've had, so I'm hoping the extra exercise counters it a little and I don't get a horror of a WI on Monday. But as my SW consultant wisely says, '1 meal out of 21 does not make you gain weight' - a sensible way of looking at it if you go overboard now and again.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

New day, new start - back on track now after last night's lovely blow-out (although I did feel a bit grotty this morning!).

Today's menu

B - hi fi bar (B), skinny latte (A)
L - home made chicken soup
D - bolognese, w/wheat spaghetti (B)

Going to an engagement party tonight, but I intend to take the car so I avoid the wine, trying to catch up a few syns from yesterday's flexi evening for Monday's WI.

Will spend a bit of time on the treadmill later to burn a bit off as well.

Have a nice day.

Neglected my diary for a few days or so, but I've been a bit busy.
I'm finding SW a bit difficult to stick with at the moment - keep getting tempted, especially in the evenings so I got a maintain on Monday and I'm not particularly hopeful for this Monday's WI either. I really need to crack on with this. I'm 2stones 2lbs away from target and want to get there for July this year. It is achievable but only if I stop messing around and go back to being 100%.

Today's menu (red)

B - hi fi bar (B)
L - (had lunch out) - cajun chicken in sweet chilli sauce with a salad and a slice of french bread. There will be syns for the bread and the chilli sauce but no idea how many.
D - lime and chilli chicken and prawns, roasted peppers and red onions, dry roast potatoes (B)

Perhaps if I keep off the vino tonight, I won't go hunting for snacks later on....? Plus I've a few days this week where I over-synned to catch up with.

This dieting lark is indeed full of ups and downs. On the plus side, the treadmill is getting used and I have achieved a bit of a (slow) run for brief periods.

Hope you're all ok (and doing better at SW than I am!).

Back