Mel's Diary

Hi Mel, exciting news on man:). Ref weight & feeling - in the end feeling good is a great motivator to stay off the bloating stuff!
X

Hi Mel, exciting news on man:). Ref weight & feeling - in the end feeling good is a great motivator to stay off the bloating stuff!
X

Thank hun, yeah I have to keep my mind on that. The guilt today is a bit over whelming... I don't seem to ever be able to stick to a diet 100% yet I'm so desperate to lose weight :( I just don't understand why my brain won't take over and remind me off that desperation when I'm running for the bad stuff x

I wonder if anyone can ever stick to anything 100%. Maybe that's the challenge. Many of us (so you get I'm talking about me don't you!) have a "be perfect" voice in our heads - it's better to be 99% than beat ourselves up about 100. How very human;) not an excuse for a free for all but little baby steps to the future xxx

I wonder if anyone can ever stick to anything 100%. Maybe that's the challenge. Many of us (so you get I'm talking about me don't you!) have a "be perfect" voice in our heads - it's better to be 99% than beat ourselves up about 100. How very human;) not an excuse for a free for all but little baby steps to the future xxx

That does make me feel better :)

Well I'm not even going to talk about yesterday.... Hopefully I can convince myself it didn't exist.

Today I was at work for 7am so I've had 4 coffees black, 3 pepperami's, a tiny bit of chicken with melted cheese and a Tim of tuna with mayo.

Not that much and all on plan so I'm feeling ok about that. However there I still 30 odd hours left of my shift so anything can happen.

Have realised how expensive this diet is :0o I totalled up I spent £537 on food last month doing it x shocking!!

Perhaps it is a bit expensive but not a huge amount more than other diets - hubby's slimming world for example costs me a fortune in pots of misery (yoghurt, fromage frais, quark etc)

When I think of all the money I used to spend on snacks when I was out and about , chocolate bars, bags of crisps etc without even thinking about it. I don't buy any of that now so I'm sure it all works out about even xx

I never thought about it like that... Yes I suppose your right. X

I just hope I can get a grip on my food addiction and start getting some more weight off x I would be over the moon to see the 11's this year. I must have been 17 or 18 the last time I was that weight x

Ok so this is probably the closest photo to how I looked the start of this year ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1381174966.285475.jpg

And this was when I was 18
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1381175006.176444.jpg

And this is the size I would like to be again... It's a nice 12

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1381175034.466096.jpg

you are gorgeous (in every picture!) !!!!
As for the cost, it needn't be expensive - I buy the family all the normal stuff and add on some cheap cuts of meat and whatever green veg is on special offer. Last week I lived off a kilo of mince, a couple of onions, some tomato paste and spices. Im going through a curried mince phase (I could eat it until the cows come home!) but mince is so versatile.

Another cheap recipe which is great for lunch is all day breakfast quiche - if you are not a lard arse like me a pack of sausages and bacon, a few mushrooms and cherry toms with loads of eggs could last all week :)

Maybe lay off the pepperami's a little - not too good for you (can't remember why tho) must be hard doing long shifts, I don't envy you xx

Wow look at those pics Mel. You're a fox! (Betraying my age somewhat there, LOL). Jeez, if I thought for one moment that sticking to Atkins strictly would make me look like your before pic I'd be on it like a ton of bricks!

KWYM about the cost, but as JG says you're not buying all the other crap you used to, and as Tee says, it is possible to compromise on cost. I buy lots of my meat and fish at the end of the day in the supermarket. Plus cheese - picked up manchego (total fave of mine) and brie, both perfectly gorgeous and less than half price, on the way home tonight. Atkins makes thrifty shoppers of us all! :D

25 an half hours done... 23 hours to go

Thanks for all you lovely comments, I find it very difficult to accept compliments, it's on my 'need to work on' list x

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I stuck to plan pretty well... I had chicken chunks for lunch and a can of tuna mixed with mayo and a tiny bit of onion for dinner x

This morning I've had two pieces of ham. And a black coffee.... I hope I can get a proper meal here later though x

I will take your advice and back off the pepperamis.... To be honest they are just so easy to keep in my bag but I'm sick of them at the mo anyway lol

Going to order my food shopping online later of I get a moment, get some mince and cheap cuts of meat :) I will reach my mini goal of it kills me... 11's by Xmas!!! I can do this I just need to pull my head from up my arse and get it done x

Hope you get a few days off after your shift. I agree, gorgeous in every photo, you remind me of Kelly Brook! I tend to grab the peperami too and bought a lush little pack of pre made salami slices wrapped around a piece of cheese the other day but I think it's quite high in sodium so may show up on the scale? Aldi and Lidl have some good deals and their meat is really good. :)

Agree the pepperamis are great but maybe just a chance to mix it up a bit;)

Ps some research shows that if you up the water at same time as extra salt then doesnt impact weight as much

Mel you are gorgeous - before AND after!!!! :)

I know what you mean about the pepperami, they are so easy to carry around, ditto the Mu cheese sticks. It's best to avoid too much processed stuff but Katie is right, just glug the water and it evens out the salt. What about getting some packs of low carb ham and roast beef slices?

Thanks guys :) xx

Ok yesterday was crazy busy... But kept completely on plan apart from a tiny bit of milk in one cup of tea.

Today no pepperami's, finished work about 10 had my nails done, delivered a birthday gift and did the food shop. Bought mince ;p and chicken. And clothes so my little food shop came to over £80 whoopsie

I've had a couple of square of choc it's 9g per 6 squares, two chicken thighs and a matthesons sausage that's it. Feeling much better, smaller an less bloated now.

Lunch date tomorrow, this should be interesting ;p

Hi Mel, can I ask what chocolate you bought, think I will treat myself to some, no one else in the house like dark choc so it will be safe!

It's the green and blacks dark choc with orange... I looked for ages yesterday and it's the lowest carb one I could find as I don't like really dark choc so the orange take the bitterness off for me x

Looking forward to it now I've scrubbed the house from top to bottom as a distraction :) luckily I've been out with with him before so I know what to expect.... I'm just going to relax and treat it like a mate date x you watch me get spinach stuck in my teeth or slip over in the town centre or something wahahaha

That was interesting x stuck to plan food wise except for half a glass of wine... The date went really well... Seemed like we were on the same page and even spoke about seeing each other tomorrow evening.

Then just as he dropped me off he says 'it you don't hear from me don't assume I'm not interested in being 'friends' with you, I'm just a slow person and not very pushy' but could always catch up some other time.... Erm??? So I said that's fine but I can't read minds so if you want to see me again you will have to ask me; and I said just so you know I'm interested in seeing you again.

Men's minds boggle? I thought it was all positive but the leaving statement has left me wondering.

Hey chicken for tea :) not even had any coffee today whoo hoo x can't wait to see the scales this weekend x

Back