Melt in the middle cheese burgers?

Lovehandles

Any one have a receipe for this please?.really want to make it tonight xx

Melt in the middle burgersServes 2, syn free on Red & EE* (add 6 syns if not using cheese as healthy extra)

500g extra lean mince
56g*sliced full fat cheese
salt & pepper
2 tbsp of worcestor sauce (optional)

1. Mix the lean mince, salt & pepper and worcestor sauce together.

2. Split into 4 equal pieces and shape into burgers.

3. Put 28g of cheese onto 2 burgers, the place the other 2 burgers on top.

4. Press well around the edges to make sure the burgers are sealed so the cheese does not run out.

5. Spray a tray with fry light and put the burgers in the oven for 30 minutes.

We're having homemade burgers tonight and this has given me an idea... I am going to try a Laughing Cow Blue triangle in the middle.. having it with coleslaw. In Corfu we had burgers stuffed with sweetcorn kernals, another idea. thanks for the inspiration!!!

We had them tonight with coriander in and plain laughing cow hidden inside... really lovely they were... just put them in the oven. Hubby loved the surprise inside.

I usually add an egg garlic granules salt & pepper plus plenty if herbs I find egg helps bind them better otherwise I find they crumble

Anybody know if I could replace the lean mince with Quorn mince to make me them free on a green day? Otherwise anybody know the syns's for these on a green day?

=[. Thanks for the link though; i'll have a nosey on their now =]

=[. Thanks for the link though; i'll have a nosey on their now =]

From a glance, lokos as though you can have a small about of mince as a HEX so maybe you can do that, good luck :D X

I might use it as a HxB or venture into the world of EE days x

Just remembered I have 1 1/2 packs of extra lean mince in the freezer so I think melt in the middle burgers are going to have to be on the list. Do you not have to seal them in frying pan first before putting them in the oven? It would put me right off if I cut into my burger and it was still pink lol never cooked burgers before so a bit clueless!

Just remembered I have 1 1/2 packs of extra lean mince in the freezer so I think melt in the middle burgers are going to have to be on the list. Do you not have to seal them in frying pan first before putting them in the oven? It would put me right off if I cut into my burger and it was still pink lol never cooked burgers before so a bit clueless!

No need to seal them! Well I never have, and mine always come out nice. I think the trick is not to make them too thick, otherwise the outside will end up well done and the inside still pink like you say xx

No need to seal them! Well I never have, and mine always come out nice. I think the trick is not to make them too thick, otherwise the outside will end up well done and the inside still pink like you say xx
I don't like my burgers too thick, I like them quite thin lol I can only try and see how they come out! Looks in the freezer and I only have one pack of extra lean mince so might have to buy another pack to feed everyone when I decide to make them x

whate Stevie said! Only made them once and they were cooked through. Only issue was the babybel leaked a bit :) x

Shall be doing these this week. My son was only going on about burgers with cheese in the middle , this will keep him happy and me on my diet x

Made these last week and they were amazing!!! Used 28g of cheddar instead of a Babybel as found it melted better.

Back