Men are NOT like us . Bless them.

fillymum

synful soul
Today is Paul's birthday.

I could not find a card I really like for him but remembered that I loved the one I sent him last year. I still had it and an envelope to fit it.

I popped it in the envelope intending to have a good giggle with him when he said " hey this is last years card "

He didn't realise it was last years. He read it and said " that is beautiful, thank you darling"

I haven't told him it was last years . I am going to keep it and give it to him again next year and see how many years it takes for him to cotton on.

No men are not like us. I would have known instantly.

Bless him, he is such a love.

My parents had a number of of Husband or Wife christmas cards that they used to put away and exchange every christmas-Just so they didnt get bored of the same ones each year !!

My FIL doesn't even write anything in card - he just signs his name - even on my MIL's birthday cards. She just rolls her eyes now.

On the other hand, he is better than his son, who generally just forgets to send me cards - which considering that the 3 events he has to remember are our wedding anniversary, christmas and my birthday. Our birthdays are the SAME DAY and we are the SAME AGE so it should not be too difficult one might think.

One might think wrong :)

Funny you should mntion that Mumsy.

Just had a text from Paul saying;

"Steve - worried about mumsy, think she's losing it as gave me same birthday card as last year! - Bless her, I told her it was beautiful so as not to hurt her feelings."

Very sweet methinks:p

Funny you should mntion that Mumsy.

Just had a text from Paul saying;

"Steve - worried about mumsy, think she's losing it as gave me same birthday card as last year! - Bless her, I told her it was beautiful so as not to hurt her feelings."

Very sweet methinks:p

How cruel can you get. I didn't need to know that.

Bloody men alway stick together * she says whilst ripping up the offending card *

Hissy fit !!!!!!!

My FIL doesn't even write anything in card - he just signs his name - even on my MIL's birthday cards. She just rolls her eyes now.

On the other hand, he is better than his son, who generally just forgets to send me cards - which considering that the 3 events he has to remember are our wedding anniversary, christmas and my birthday. Our birthdays are the SAME DAY and we are the SAME AGE so it should not be too difficult one might think.

One might think wrong :)

How can he forget? - or get away with that???

All of us blokes know the best wayto remember your other half's birthday or your anniversary is to forget it just once!

Right lads?

:cry:

Maximus said:
How can he forget? - or get away with that???

All of us blokes know the best wayto remember your other half's birthday or your anniversary is to forget it just once!

Right lads?

:cry:

Tbh, it doesn't bother me most of the time - ge doesn't forget my birthday or our anniversary - just never get round to buying the card. I knew what i was getting when i married him having known him since we were both 11 so i shouldn't really complain :) He's entirely useless at stuff like that - but he's very funny, is able to hold his own in a debate with me ( and occassionally wins), has alot of the same ideals as i do, loves me to bits, and has great taste in Jewellry :). All are more important to me!

Back