Men on lighterlife

Due to start the lighterlife in a few days now, really can wait got a few friends on it, but they are all women, just wondering what the average weight loss the guys are seeing is? I know everyone is different, and I wont get dissheartedned if I try to match how fast others are losing, but I am told, the men generally shed a few more pounds per week? Is this so?

Wish me Luck!

forgot to say

currently 17 stone,(a little less) wanting to lose a fair old bit of it, but unsure at my target weight, I have bene told my target weight will probabaly change when I get on the plan, as sometimes people just get to a weight they really like?

Hi Mungmungo

Just reading the latest LL magazine, and it says you'll lose, on average, 3 stone in eight weeks. Good luck for your journey :D

Brilliant thank you for the info, that sounds liek a nice round number! I am not sure if I will want to lose any more tan 3 stone, but they would be brilliant?

By the way, what are the results in people experinces of excess skin? I am very aware that a quick weight loss could result in a lot of extra skin? I am 16st 8lbs at the moment, will this be something i really need to worry about?

It depends on so much - genetic make up, how stretchy your skin is, your age, etc. For example, I have been morbidly obese for well over 11 years. I have lost nearly 7 stone, had a small regain, and want to lose the remaining 8.5 stone. But I have no excess skin. I have bingo wings, but some skinny people have them!

I am lucky, but have no idea whether I will remain that lucky once I have lost the rest of my weight.

Body brushing, toning exercises, etc may all make a difference though.

Due to start the lighterlife in a few days now, really can wait got a few friends on it, but they are all women, just wondering what the average weight loss the guys are seeing is? I know everyone is different, and I wont get dissheartedned if I try to match how fast others are losing, but I am told, the men generally shed a few more pounds per week? Is this so?

Wish me Luck!

Hi Mungomungo

I am a bloke and due to start LL on monday 8th January - I am near 25st so you are definitely a flyweight compared to me. :eek:

My cousin (who lost 6 st in 5 months - a lady though) said she knew of blokes who lost near 5-5.5 stone in the 100 days. That is a stone every 20 days. :eek:

That is what I am aiming for as I haven't seen the low side of 20 st for nigh on 20 years :(

get a Ticker (see tech section for how) and start a Diary now (I have) and then off you go.

This is a brill place for support and the ladies here are great at that (although sometimes quite high spirited). :D

I don't know about your LL Group, but I will be in a Group of 1 so I saw Icemooses Blog (see his thread for the address) and that drew me here so that you can get the group support from this forum - and if you post often - you WILL get the support. :)

Hope you're broadminded though, 'cos some of the threads - phew! makes a grown man blush. :eek:

Good luck, keep posting and stay in touch :)

Mindless

I did :D :D :D

if I told half the truth, well ................... :eek:

(just joking folks)

Hi Mungo Mungo

My hubbie and me have done the cambridge diet. He was about the same weight as you when he started he is now reasonably happy to have maintained around 13 stone. He hasn't done any exercise and I think that is the most important thing now. Just to tone and tighten would disguise any lose skin I think. Same for me I need to do that too. Any loose skin I have a think of as a memory of my three pregnancies rather than being obese but I too need to tone and tighten.

Hubbie is 6ft, how tall are you?

I will take a good look and this evening and see how much loose skin he has and are there any stretch marks etc and get back to you. Shameful I haven't taken a close look already, guess that's becasue we've been married 10 years now.

Mizzy's (hubbie) is a bit shy and doesn't post on the forum but he loves to talk diet so if you have any questions for him feel free to PM us.

Good luck with the diet. The 3 stone will be off in a jiffy.

Dizzy x

Hey M&M...now aint that got a ring to it...

Your weight will literally fly off you in the blink of an eye...I know the mens group where I go to my LL sessions are on a roll big time and so guess you will be the same! Goos on yer...LLC used to tell us their losses and make us drool...about twice as fast as us women..so unfair and unjustified!!!:mad:

Anyway, hope youre enjoying many last suppers this weekend and ready for the journey to begin!;)

Word of advice if youre pulling up a pew on these boards get ready for the ride of your life..it's truly amazing..hold on tight and get ready to blush!:)

Nic
x:eek:

Haha, wow so much support and so quickly aswell, looks like I am in for a bumpy ride! I think I can take it though! startig tomoroow, really looking forwards to it now, I know its goign to be hard, but i have friends and family, and now this board to keep me goign!

Thanks you so much for the support, ands so quickly aswell!

Haha, wow so much support and so quickly aswell, looks like I am in for a bumpy ride! I think I can take it though! startig tomoroow, really looking forwards to it now, I know its goign to be hard, but i have friends and family, and now this board to keep me goign!

Thanks you so much for the support, ands so quickly aswell!

D_Q's right Mungo :)

There will always be someone around if you want to chat, joke, cry, moan,distract yourself or basically anything!!

Nice to meet you....the weight is going to drop off you!!!

Lacey:D

Hello Mungomungo

I'm due to start LL tomorrow and apparently there are about 6 men in the group so thats positive! :p .

Good luck with your LL journey and I look forward to reading your diary!

Mike:)

Back