Men 'prefer curvy women to those those who are size zero', study claims

Jim

Big Boy
Men prefer “normal” sized women with average weight and curves than those who are fashionably thin with a size zero body, a study claims.

Well that's no surprise to me.

LINK HERE

thats good news hahahaha!!!

OH I get so tired of these 'studies'. No offence Jim, but they always seem to be veiled criticism of some sub-section of women or another. I think women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful. Why do we have to put each other down all the time?

You have a point there LM, how are you anyway?

OH I get so tired of these 'studies'. No offence Jim, but they always seem to be veiled criticism of some sub-section of women or another. I think women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful. Why do we have to put each other down all the time?

I agree with this. We all have our own ideas of what's beautiful and what's not. I can't help but wonder what the result of that study would be if it had been conducted in Los Angles, where size zero and plastic surgery etc..are more the norm (just a thought)

I've never thought of the media or other people as being responsible for my self image-I am MY OWN worst enemy. A prime example of this is a conversation I was having recently with a very gorgeous (and 3 or 4 years younger) male friend of mine about my impending return to Weight Watchers. I'm around 5ft 2" and 10 and a half stone (last time I checked) and I'm deeply unhappy with my chipmunk cheeks and my flabby bits. he however told me I was daft to be considering losing any weight because I had a beautiful figure (I guess he'd been drinking).

Did that make me happy? Did that make me think 'well, maybe I don't need to lose any more weight?' Did it heck! These studies don't really tell us women anything we don't already know. I enjoyed reading that article but it didn't make me feel any better about my current weight.
So when I lose my weight if I end up spending every night alone cuz the attractive men have found someone curvier, well to be honest, it won't make any difference cuz I have so little confidence at the minute that I rarely leave the house if I don't have to go to work!

Whew, waffle over. Sorry about that! xx

You're so right! We're all beautiful and if more people believed that and believed in themselves we'd all be so much happier!

You have a point there LM, how are you anyway?

I'm very well thanks Jim, I must pop in on the Atkins crew soon. Hope you are well. :)

I think I had my grumpy head on yesterday! But it also occurs to me that headlines like this also give a distorted view of men, assuming that they are 'all the same', all have the same tastes or whatever. Like their baser biological urges completely override their individual personalities, experiences or tastes. It doesn't seem very fair on them either... It's like saying that all women are more attracted to men who are tall, muscular or whatever. Simply not true!

I'm sure you are right love. Yes pop over and see us, we'll be pleased to see you.

Back