Menopause and Beyond

Gemstone

Here for the Journey
Menopause and beyond can be such a positive time for women but it does also bring with it some issues to consider. What you eat and how you use your body can affect your experience of the menopause. Fitting in these considerations with losing weight can be difficult. What do other members think? :) Gem x

Menopause and beyond can be such a positive time for women

Umm. Oh yes, you never get bored of the temperature :D
What you eat and how you use your body can affect your experience of the menopause.
I certainly found that certain foods made the hot flushes worse. How I use my body? Not sure what you mean by that:confused:

Weight goes on quicker around the middle now which is a bit sad:cry: but no yucky TOTM to worry about :clap:

Hot Flushes

I have gone through and out the other end with minimal bother from hot flushes. Before the onset I started upping the phyto-estrogens, soya being important in my diet. Nuts, seeds and whole grains and beans were involved and lots of fruit and veg. By using your body I mean weight bearing exercise for healthy bones (but keeping the "naughty bits" exercised and in good working order is important too). You are SO right about weight round the middle AND SO MUCH HARDER TO SHIFT! What food made you flush? Mine was wine or chocolate (serves me right I guess) :)
Gem x

What food made you flush? Mine was wine or chocolate (serves me right I guess) :)
Gem x

High fat foods...and too much of them:eek:

Having said that, I still had problems when I was on Cambridge.

I've had hot flushes for about 8-10 years now, but they are definitely getting less frequent now :clap:

Hot flushes

Hiya KD
Poor you! Some of my friends have had lots of problems with flushes - very uncomfortable - but 8-10 years :eek: How is CD nutritionally? Does it give you what you need to keep the bones healthy? Do you walk, swim, gym or anything like that?

I hated the messing about when you never knew when a period might appear (usually just as I was going on holiday) but when they stopped completely - FANTASTIC

Hiya KD
Poor you! Some of my friends have had lots of problems with flushes - very uncomfortable - but 8-10 years :eek: How is CD nutritionally? Does it give you what you need to keep the bones healthy? Do you walk, swim, gym or anything like that?

I don't do Cambridge any more as I've reached goal, but it is nutritionally balanced.

I walk for miles. Ex-judo champion, never got out of the habit of exercise.

The doctor told me that the hot flushes could go on for as long as 20 years:eek:

I hated the messing about when you never knew when a period might appear (usually just as I was going on holiday) but when they stopped completely - FANTASTIC

It's great when you don't have to be bothered with them any more isn't it.

Mine phased out. I would go months, then have one. Had an 18 month break once...then it appeared again :mad: Haven't had one for about 4 years now, so I reckon that's it now.:clap:

Exercise and Stuff

Well done you. I like walking too, swimming (gym but I have to talk myself into it). I don't do anything like Judo - a bit TOO energetic for me I'm afraid. Fantastic weight loss KD :wow: Do you feel really fit now? I'm at the beginning of my journey - 2nd weigh in tomorrow morning. I think I've done ok. I too had a bit of a party when the periods disappeared completely:party0011:
Gem x

Back