Total Solution Mere's Diary

Wow Mere that sounds amazing. To be honest, other than the horse riding I dont think the rest would appeal to me, even if I was slim, I'm a bit of a scaredy cat lol, but I know the Rockies are gorgeous, I'd love to visit one day.
I have always wanted to visit the Rockies too so this is my dream holiday. I am a bit of an adventurous soul and a bit of a fitness freak so this type of holiday suits me big time.

A couple of years ago when I was in Costa Rica I did the zip lines through the jungle canopy we were flying very fast from hundreds of feet up and what an adrenalin rush that was!
I am also into wild life and when we were in Tobaggo four years ago I got involved with a group of locals who were trying to save the leatherback turtles. I had the thrilling opportunity of patting a leatherback while she was laying her eggs. And holding the hatchlings as I took them down to a dark patch of the beech to release them to go into the sea. So I am really hoping to see some bears and whales up close.:D

Mere x

I am also into wild life and when we were in Tobaggo four years ago I got involved with a group of locals who were trying to save the leatherback turtles. I had the thrilling opportunity of patting a leatherback while she was laying her eggs. And holding the hatchlings as I took them down to a dark patch of the beech to release them to go into the sea. So I am really hoping to see some bears and whales up close.:D

Mere x

Oh my goodness, that's really a once-in-a-lifetime experience, how wonderful and how exciting. Now that I wouldn't mind experiencing myself. I'm just not a daredevil at all, but I do like animals.

Today I heard an article on the radio about an experiment into weight and sleep. In a nutshell. Large group of both men and women were given up to 9 hours sleep then access to a selection of food which they could eat to their hearts content. Did this for 5 days then tested their weight. None of the women gained or lost any weight but the men gained approximately 2lbs each. Then the same group of people were given only 5 hours of sleep and the same selection of food. This time both men and women gained 2lbs over the five days.
Conclusion was sleep deprivation causes weight gain in women because it changes the hormon ballance.
So warning to everyone get enough sleep! :zz:
Mere x

*runs off to bed*

:)

Nik

Today I heard an article on the radio about an experiment into weight and sleep. In a nutshell. Large group of both men and women were given up to 9 hours sleep then access to a selection of food which they could eat to their hearts content. Did this for 5 days then tested their weight. None of the women gained or lost any weight but the men gained approximately 2lbs each. Then the same group of people were given only 5 hours of sleep and the same selection of food. This time both men and women gained 2lbs over the five days.
Conclusion was sleep deprivation causes weight gain in women because it changes the hormon ballance.
So warning to everyone get enough sleep! :zz:
Mere x

I was discussing this very issue today! Ford sleep affect weight loss. So it does it, I think this article is saying yes. I work night shift and often go 36 hours with no sleep :-/

I can feel a 9 hour nap coming on :D

That is really interesting Marge on the sleep I need to get to bed and get to sleep earlier ? X

What an interesting study...an excuse to sleep in tomorrow too :-D

An excuse to use if you gain weight, eg it was not the huge meal and bottle of wine I had last night that made me gain weight but I did not get to bed until later so lost a couple of hours sleep!!!!!:D
Mere x

Haha, aye :D

Good one Good one Mere, I am off to bed. Lol

What an interesting study! Funny how men and women are different.

I was talking a out this with a friend tonight, about how we gain weight SO easily, and quickly, but our OHs can eat and eat and not gain a lb. yet, if they don't eat properly for a day or so, they actually lose weight!

Hope you've had a great day Mere and your plans sound absolutely amazing!!! xx

Hi ED
The rest of the article said the men had gained weight in the first 5 days because they gorged on all the food but the women restrained themselves. On the second week the men continued as before but the womwn ate hardly anything for breakfast but then ate all evening! Sounds familiar.
Mere x

Very familiar lol, How fascinating. These kind of studies always interest me xx

Here's a little poem to give you a giggle on a cold miserable day.

My Mirror

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Do you have to tell it all?
How do you get the glaring right
To make my clothes look too darn tight?
I think I'm fine but I can see
You won't co-operate with me,
What's that, you say? A double chin?
No, that's the way the light comes in,
And then if you're not hanging straight
You'll tell me next I'm gaining weight.
I'm really quite upset with you