Total Solution Mere's Diary

I am disappointed Katie but there is so much else to do in the holiday the main thing being seeing orangutans at two different sanctuaries. Meanwhile I am getting fit for the 10000ft climb!

Hi Mere. Really disappointing about the mountain but it is still the holiday of a lifetime. 20000 steps in one day is certainly going some!

Today's exercise was a brisk 60 min walk used 400 cals.

Doing fab with the exercise Mere! What a fab sounding holiday and brilliant motivation! X

Two hours of gardening, 525 calories, absolutely done in why did we buy a plot of land that gave us such a big garden? Seemed like a good idea at the time! Will need to finish the winter clear up when we come back from Skye. x

Just think of how many calories you'll have used Mere!

Have a lovely week ahead Mere :)

When are you off to Skye ?
We are off north this weekend too, Orkney :)

Hi Marge we are in Skye just now. Planning to do a bit of hill walking tomorrow morning then a tour of the Uig brewery as we are staying in the Uig hotel and they arranged it. Don't like beer so I will be ok! Enjoy Orkney, one of my favourite places. x

Thanks Mere :)
Enjoy the hillwalking :D

Walked up a real mountain today! 3.5 hours and 1400 calories later I feel great. The calories used will help to offset the huge Scottish breakfast I ate this morning and the cream tea I ate this afternoon!

Today I climbed up to the old man of Storr a really taxing climb to about 2000 feet. Took about 2.25 hours and used 1000 calories. My heart rate did not go as high as yesterday although the climb was much tougher so I must be getting a lot fitter! Cracking day here and the views were unbelievable from so high up. Sorry to be going home tomorrow.

Mere sounds like you have had a great time...and the holiday is a definite wow!

Wow mere :D
It all sounds great. Im very jealous !:D

I am sorry to be home again but will hit the gym soon and work on my new program. x

Exercise at gym was my new training program for getting ready to climb Mount Kinabalu, 55 mins used 425 cals not bad for a gym session. Paid the flights today £2500 so can't pull out now!

Well done Mere you are doing so well exercise wise. Hope you have a lovely weekend and nice relaxing holidays. I am jealous too.

Back