Total Solution Mere's Diary

Thank you for that link it makes very interesting reading. I don't think that is my problem. I maintain my weight well until I go away for a wee break then I gain a pound or two because I am more relaxed about my eating and drinking. I then come home to a pound or two up which I then can't shift. I have been on Exante for about 20 months now. 2 shakes and a bar at the beginning and now 2 shakes and a meal and I think I am needing to change my diet completely. I still have about 60 bars and shakes left so when they are finished I will not buy any more.
i will be eating very differently on holiday in Borneo and since it is an adventure holiday with camps and home stays I do not expect to have much choice so we will see what the weight is like when I get back at the end of August. Also Borneo is a Muslim country so there will be no alcohol. I will have a wee glass of champagne on the plane to celebrate my 65 the birthday! x

No problem Mere. I am glad you found it interesting. I am sure you will cope just fine in Borneo. You have done extremely well and I admire how active you keep; hopefully I will muster up the courage to join my local gym once I get my weight off. Weight is a funny thing; I wish there was a set formula which worked to lose weight. You must definitely be losing inches. I remember when I was on CD, I couldn't lose weight with products and a meal; as soon as I added more food (200 calories more), the weight came off.

I hope you have a good day x

Thanks Chick, get yourself into the gym don't wait for the weight to move. The gym will help it to move. We have a few heavy ladies in our classes and they have fun doing the workouts at their own pace. x

Watched the Commonwealth Games while I burned off the calories on the treadmill and the stepper. I have the treadmill at an incline of 17 now. next week I hope to get it up to maximum which is 20. Only managed 5mins on the stepper which was 12 floors need to get it up to at least 10mins but it is just so hot and I could feel my heart racing! I hope I am going to be fit enough for this holiday. My sister thinks I am nuts but her idea of a holiday in cruising in a floating 5 star hotel and eating as often as she wishes. Could this be why she is about 7sts heavier than me!

Hot tub ordered, being installed on Wednesday. How lucky am I? Will have my first sparty on Friday night with my daughter and family. So excited. x

I'm sure you'll be fine on your holiday, you're building up your fitness and stamina everyday and I would concentrate on that rather than what the scales say. Also you're possibly retaining water in this heat (I think most of us are) which will affect the numbers on the scales.

You are so sensible. Thanks for that. x

Well done mere for completing the walking ! I feel a fraud as I got no where near :eek:
I bet your hot tub will be fab :D

Hot tub is being installed tomorrow. So excited although I think it takes 24 hours to heat up. Champagne is chilling in readiness!

Hot tub is being installed tomorrow. So excited although I think it takes 24 hours to heat up. Champagne is chilling in readiness!

What time shall I come round on Wednesday then ?:p

Ha ha you are very welcome as long as you bring the wine, I will supply the plastic glasses!

Spa is in heating up now will be able to go in it about 10pm tonight. Will try to post a picture, not very exciting picture as the cover is on while it heats up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 38
Wow mere you lucky thing. That's looks like it's going to be good! Enjoy it! X

Thanks Lil. I am not very good at the picture thing but when I am in the spa tonight I will ask hubby to take my picture. I hope you are keeping better now. x

Thanks Lil. I am not very good at the picture thing but when I am in the spa tonight I will ask hubby to take my picture. I hope you are keeping better now. x
I want to see a drink in your hand Mere ;-)
I am due back at work on Friday, after my bleed I've been taking it easy.
Morning sickness is horrible. Putting weight on because eating stops the nausea.
But happy to still be pregnant and I'll put up with anything as long as it all goes ok.

Enjoy your hot tub. My neighbour has one. We went in it one Xmas eve when we were drunk and there was snow on the ground. Was brilliant :)
Hehe x

Spent my first hour in the hot tub at 7.30 this morning and feel so relaxed will post a picture but the drink in my hand is water!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 56
Back