Total Solution Mere's Diary

Thanks again Bob. I am being firm and insisted on a second opinion. Unfortunately the doc I am seeing later this morning is one who is rubbish, which is why he is the only one with space! Will report back later.
WI this morning back up to 10st 5.5lb. Angel said earlier that maybe that is my natural weight. I think I am just going to have accept that.

Update re doc, I have all the symptoms of shingles without the rash! Doc has given me a painkilling rub to put on the affected site as I have bad reactions to strong painkillers. If the rash appears I have to phone for an antiviral drug which will probably be too late to help!! Just to take it easy.

oh goodness Mere :( I hope you'll be ok. It does sound like shingles and although I've not had it, I know lots of people who have and it can linger for ages. Just take it easy and look after yourself, it can leave you quite run down.

Thanks Jael. I feel really yucky but I am due to attend my nieces wedding next Friday and will have to decide by tomorrow whether I am going or not. I really want to go because all my cousins that I haven't seen for ages will be there but at this moment in time the idea of going to a function that will last for between 10 and 11 hours fills me with horror.

So sorry to hear your feeling so ill. Your health comes first so please look after yourself and don't exert yourself. If you can't make it to the wedding, true friends will understand and would know you'd be there if you could. Really hope you feel better soon. Xxx

Feeling a bit better today. Other than visits to hospitals and doctors I have not been out so going for a bite of lunch with hubby. x

Golly this is a quiet place today. Hope that means you are all having a lovely weekend. I have just spent a fortune on hubby buying new clothes from Marks, because he will not try anything on and Marks will take them back. Came home and made caramel toffee. I will try not to eat much of it as it is full of sugar and fat but it looks and smells yummy!

The other thing to consider is whether there will be anyone pregnant there, as shingles is the chicken pox virus which can be dangerous if someone is pregnant. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better though.

Doc says I am not contagious because I do not have the rash so I will be ok to go to the wedding. The reason I asked the doc was because there will be a very young baby there. I will not hold the baby just in case.x

This has been the quietest weekend ever. Hope everyone is having fun. x

I hope your weekend was good too Mere :)

Thanks Marge I had a good weekend. x

Still very sore, still no rash but at least I am no longer feeling sick or exhausted and the headaches are gone. Thanks for asking. x

Glad you're starting to feel better xx

Still very sore, still no rash but at least I am no longer feeling sick or exhausted and the headaches are gone. Thanks for asking. x

Glad your feeling better Mere :)

WI this morning was not good 10st 6.5lb. I have not been in the gym for several weeks and I have spent the time I would normally be there making chocolate caramels, delicious but I have eaten too many. Wedding tomorrow and Skye next week will have to get my act together between the two events or I will be like a house side and not fit into my dress for my son's wedding in December. I look fine in the size 10 dress for tomorrow as long as I wear my hold you in body!

Enjoy the wedding :)

After all the over indulgence of the wedding I have had a good diet day. Finished on 861 cals. The wedding was great fun and although I danced for hours I doubt very much if I danced off the 4 glasses of champagne and the 2 glasses of white wine!

Back