Total Solution Mere's Diary

Looking at your stats you are a stone down on last year Mere. You are winning overall so don't be so hard on yourself x

Thanks Susie you are right. I have stayed a stone or more down since April 2013 but in the last few months I have put a few pounds on and I need to get back to target. I feel I am starting to get my dieting head on so hopefully I will see a drop this week. WI is a Thursday so I have a good few days to get my act together. x

Thanks Carrie. I think Christmas then the wedding followed by New Year all combined to throw me off kilter. I know I can get back into the 9s. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Angel hubby was a holistic therapist before he retired. He has bought some Hopi ear candles to use on me to help me relax. Normally I go in my hot tub for half an hour each morning but with the strong winds it is not really safe to do so. Maybe when the weather starts behaving I will get back to my usual routine and that will relax me.

An outdoors hot tub in Ayrshire? You're a brave wumman! x

I love my hot tub, I have a wee routine, shower (because you can't go in with soap, cream or deodorant on or it spoils the cleanliness of the water) then i put on my swimsuit and towelling robe, i check the chemical levels usually only bromine needs to be added. If it is not raining I hang my robe on the rail, if it is raining I go back indoors hang my robe in the utility room and put on my baseball hat. Then I make a run for the tub take off my flip flops and slide into the wonderfully warm water. So relaxing I stay in for half an hour but if my daughter or hubby join me I will be in for an hour! When you come out your body is really warm so no need to put on the robe. Close the hot tub lid into the utility room swimsuit off and slippers and robe on.

Sounds like heaven :) x

I'd forgotten about the shingles, sorry to hear you're still having pain from that. But if you can walk at least that's something. Your hot tub sounds amazing, so glad you're getting so much use out of it, even in the winter.

i dare you to do what a Finnish friend of mine used to do to increase circulation. Hot tub then roll in snow then hot tub again :) enjoy it, it sounds wonderful wpeven in rain!

What a pity we have about 1centimetre of snow, not enough to roll in!

I couldn't do that. Hot, cold, hot? Eeeek! I've heard of folk showering then just before they're gonna get out they turn it cold to tighten the skin and close the pores on hair and body... Far too extreme for me... I'd rather be warm with frizzy hair and saggy skin haha xxx

My friend and I used to go to a sauna then jump into the plunge pool with its cold water. It really makes your skin glow but that was in my 30s I think now the shock would give me a heart attack! Hot tub today was amazing snow on the ground and blue sky, felt like being on an expensive ski holiday in Austria! X

You'll have to invite us all round so we can join you Mere ha ha.

Have a good day xx

It only holds 6 Susie!

Oh my god how amazing does that sound? I love your hot tub routine..... dreamy :character00100: xxx

Have a nice day Mere :) xxx

Thanks ED have just ordered 100 shakes, 25 bars and chilli. Special deals and got the lot for £73 including postage so in a day or two I will be back to TS and trying to lose another stone. I maintain quite well but it just takes something like a holiday or Christmas to push me up a few pounds then I can't seem to lose it again. So fingers crossed that shakes come soon. x

TSing should get you a decent loss Mere.

I'm sure most people put on a few lb's on holiday but it is a nuisance when they don't come off as we like them too x

WI this morning and I am half a pound down. Not a lot but at least it is now heading in the right direction! x

Back