Total Solution Mere's Diary

Well done staying within your limits Mere. Have a lovely weekend at your sons. X

Thanks Angel, I hope you are having a restful time with your hubby and Bubs. Take care of yourself. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Another TS day and now I can take off and put on my jeans without unfastening them! Not that long ago I was bulging over the top. Time to dig out the size 10s. Hubby said I am looking good really pleased with that although the reason I want to get back to goal is for health reasons. I want to get off the medication I take for high blood pressure. x

Weighed this morning as I am going away to my sons for a couple of days and just want to know what damage I do! So weight this morning was another pound down at 10st 2lb so will weigh again on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend. x

Hi Mere. I truly admire how you work so hard to get back to target weight. It's something I always failed at in the past, but am determined this time to do the same. You're very inspiring :)

Size 10 again woohoo! You really are the maintenance queen Mere. Have a great weekend x

You're are doing great Mere :)

Home from sons had a great time saw his pup, spent time with daughter in laws dad, lovely man, and was good with my diet. Will WI tomorrow to see if I have managed to keep the weight off without having packs. x

Well done Mere :)

I am really pleased with myself Marge as I did not gain while I was away. That is a first for me so still 10st 2lbs. x

Wow !! Excellent :D

Yey Mere! Well done. Hope you had fun x

Thanks Angel, I did have fun but I am very hungry today, about to go off to bed to stop me from eating. Hubby's birthday tomorrow, I baked him a cake today so I will have a small piece of it tomorrow without feeling guilty. x

I spent a fair bit of reading up about VLCDs and apparently anything under 800 calories is a VLCD. I have had constant headaches for a couple of weeks now and the only time I am free or nearly free is after I eat. I looked back at my journey from two years ago when I first did this diet and as I neared goal I started fainting all over the place and was told by the doc to eat more.
I do not want to make myself ill again so have decided to eat 4 packs a day instead of the 3 I have been eating. I am almost back at goal and although 4 packs will slow my loss down I think it is the right decision for me. I am also doing a fair bit of exercise, usually at least an hour 4 or 5 times a week, really annoyed with my body but it is what it is and hopefully I will still reach my goal before I go to Skye in 4 weeks time. x

I remember that you were fainting and had low blood pressure? Something else that can help is adding a bit of salt to your savoury packs as that can raise the blood pressure a little. It's quite normal to get low blood pressure on a vlcd unfortunately.

Whatever works for you Mere. Do you have savoury packs? I have low BP anyway and do shakes mostly so have to add salt every so often onto a savoury pack. Jael might be right it could help, it did for me. I think your body will be getting well used to your new weight range now, didn't someone say it takes two years for a body to accept the new weight as its normal? You've been amazing at keeping it under control, especially with your hectic schedule.

Above all all stay well xxxx

Thanks Angel. I have been totally off plan today. Hubby's birthday and had my daughter and her family over for dinner. They all had Chinese courtesy of Marks while I had one of their low calorie Chinese meals, so far so good but then I had a large slice of the Birthday cake I made followed by a couple of glasses of champagne and a few squares of chocolate while we watched Game of Thrones dvd. At least my headache has lifted and I will just have to accept that I will not lose weight this week!

I do have savoury packs but I am not keen on them and because I have not added salt to food for over 40 years I really do not like the taste of it! I am allergic to salt on anything, it makes my lips blister, apparently a really unusual reaction. I am allergic to quite a few foods including citrus and caffeine. My daughter is allergic to alcohol and my son cannot digest sugar in sweets, fruit or root vegetables. Cooking for us all while the kids were still at home was a nightmare!

Back