• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ€βšΎβš½ Emojis and more.. Read more

Metallic taste and nausea

I have been following SW religiously for almost three weeks now, and have been really happy at the losses I have achieved so far. For the last two and a half weeks though I have felt nausea and a metallic type taste in my mouth. I am 100% sure I am not pregnant. It may well be a horrid coincidence, a bug of some sort. But I just wanted to see if anybody else has encountered the same? If so, how long does it last? Thanks

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Not me i only had that when i was pregnant with my 3rd child has it from the moment i got pregnant right up till i gave birth !!!

can I ask what plan you follow ? It sounds similar to ketosis which is a state that happens when you dont consume carbohydrate ( such as on atkins diet of total food replacement diets ) , it is possible to become slightly ketotic iff you follow red days religiously ?? just an idea , probably totally off the mark !!!

first thing i thought when i read your post was that you must be pregnant! i had it with both my pregnancies, but if your 100% sure your not then i dont know what it could be x

I haven't changed my meds so I don't think so...
I'm starting to wonder whether it is the huge amount of diet drinks I am consuming, maybe a reaction to sweeteners. Think I'll stick to water/tea for a while.

Thanks for your help everyone :)

I have been getting that too, and think you might be right about the sweeteners? I eat alot of light yoghurts which contain sweetener, I have it in my hot drinks, Its in diet drinks.. and I only seem to get it when I've been consuming those things.

I have already done three tests! That's how I think I know I am not!

I have just put two and two together and realised my brand of thyroxine has changed, as my pharmacist didn't have my regular brand. Perhaps it is a reaction to that! Thanks for your responses :)