Miami's Daily Food Diary

Miami Brown

Hi there,

Little bit about myself. I'm 27 yrs old from London and I currently weigh a startling 216.6lbs which puts me right in the obese BMI chart. (NOT!!!....GOOD!!!)

I am a serial yo-yo dieter. For example three weeks ago I started the lipotrim diet and lost 23lbs, but recently I've become so sick and tired of the flavours that I completely went back to eating solids. I had a big binge but since the start of this week I've been really good and now I've gained 4.4lbs of the weight loss back...which I fully anticipated but still find devastating.
I'm hoping that regular exercise and portion control will eventually give me the 130lbs figure I desperately desire. I'm so sick of dieting I just want to eat without worrying about gaining.

I've begun this thread to help me monitor my eating habits and pinpoint the places where I go wrong. I used to keep track on my calendar but it didn't give me the second opinion I look forward to getting on here. Maybe you guys could suggest some things to help cut back my sweet tooth cravings :)

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• image-1040046276.jpg
    image-1040046276.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Brkfst : 30g Kelloggs Cornflakes covered with semi skimmed milk (no sugar)
125ml Tesco orange juice

Snack : 2 plums, handful strawberries

Lunch : (skipped lunch)

Snack : 1 1/2 inch cucumber deseeded and sliced into lengths, half a orange bell pepper sliced with half tsp original, lemon & Coriander and Red pepper houmous and cup of water

Dinner: Oven baked chicken breast fillets with onion and leek, 3 baby new potatoes cut in halves, 1 whole corn on the cob and glass of water.

I must admit. Wasn't too great on the water front, but shall improve tomorrow hopefully.

Hi x Your menu looks very healthy good luck with this way of eating.. You ll do it Im sure as you have the determination :D:D
Lovely photo by the way x

Katierose said:
Hi x Your menu looks very healthy good luck with this way of eating.. You ll do it Im sure as you have the determination :D:D
Lovely photo by the way x

Thank you Katierose. I am trying. Fingers crossed it won't be long until
I can post my after ;)

How are you getting on?

Hi x
Glad you found my diary, We can support each other.. :D I just know you will do this!!
I'm doing ok, Im feeling positive but am just taking it day by day, this isn't the first time I ve done a VLCD and the one I follow is a mixture of shakes, "Dietmeals" & Soups & Bars, I have 4 "meals/shakes/soups/dietmeals" per day so there is alot of variety.. I buy from Avidlite.. I also take multivitamins & supplement s to double make sure I get all the nutrients and drink at least 2 litres of water per day plus I have tea.. Im hoping for a 2-3 pound loss by Mon as I lost 10 pound in the first week.. I have loads to lose as you can see but sick of being "really fat" ... It really helps coming on here talking to lovely people such as yourself as then I know Im not on my own with the struggle that is weight loss xx
Hope you have a good day sweetheart x:D

Katierose said:
Hi x
Glad you found my diary, We can support each other.. :D I just know you will do this!!
I'm doing ok, Im feeling positive but am just taking it day by day, this isn't the first time I ve done a VLCD and the one I follow is a mixture of shakes, "Dietmeals" & Soups & Bars, I have 4 "meals/shakes/soups/dietmeals" per day so there is alot of variety.. I buy from Avidlite.. I also take multivitamins & supplement s to double make sure I get all the nutrients and drink at least 2 litres of water per day plus I have tea.. Im hoping for a 2-3 pound loss by Mon as I lost 10 pound in the first week.. I have loads to lose as you can see but sick of being "really fat" ... It really helps coming on here talking to lovely people such as yourself as then I know Im not on my own with the struggle that is weight loss xx
Hope you have a good day sweetheart x:D

Wowww!!! Your diet kicks a**! Sounds like a feast than a diet. (Well. Compared to the three miserable shakes I was living on 3 weeks ago lool). But truly, 10 pounds in the first week sounds too good to be true. Maybe I should look into this diet... :p

Monday's right around the corner so you just keep it up KatieRose. Look forward to seeing your awwwwesome results! Have a fab day! xxx

So far....

Brkfst : 27g Maple Syrup Quaker oats with 130ml semi skimmed milk and glass of water.

Snack : 10 small strawberries and glass of water.

Lunch : Butternut squash soup and glass on water.

Snack: 2 small plums, 2 nectarines and glass of water

Dinner : Plan to have left over oven baked coriander and lemon chicken breast fillets with sugar snap peas, tinned red kidney beans, baby new potato and glass of water.

Before bed* Bowl of cornflakes (with tsp demerara sugar)

Last edited:
Hope your having good day today :D Your menu looks yummy and healthy..
I do like the Avid shakes etc so that helps.. let me know if you want the link..
I have only lost .08 of a pound so far this week but thats ok as 10 pounds never done that before so any loss will be good will let you know Mon x
Will be popping on here esp if I have weak moment s..
Hope you have a good weekend sweetheart :D

Food's looking great Missy!

If you want to keep track of your calorie intake you can. I use myfitnesspal, to keep track of it. I also keep track of the calories I've burned from exercising. I've become addicted to tracking my calories now >_<

CaliSweden said:
Food's looking great Missy!

If you want to keep track of your calorie intake you can. I use myfitnesspal, to keep track of it. I also keep track of the calories I've burned from exercising. I've become addicted to tracking my calories now >_<

Thanks Cali, but I'd rather not be a crazy calorie counter right now. I'm just gonna eat what I want. When I want and how much I want without worrying about calories per serving and what not. So long as it's low in saturated fat, sugar and salt. I'm good.

Day 5

Brkfst : 27g Maple Syrup Quaker oats with 130ml semi skimmed milk and cup of water.

Snack : 2 Nectarines and half cup water

Lunch : Butternut squash soup and cup of water.

Dinner : Lemon & Coriander breast chicken fillets, baby new potatoes, half an orange and red bell pepper, 1 leek stick, 1 small onion annndd....oh yes. String beans and cup of water.

I was a bit peeved off this morning because the rest of my strawberries in the fridge had become mouldy overnight and I just bought them like 2 days ago. I was going to open up the tin of pineapple in juice that I have sitting in the cupboard but I was like, whatever. Save that for tomorrow at least since I've eaten all the plums and nectarines. They sure were sweet and juicy...

Feeling quite good in myself. Gladv I haven't gained any weight on the scales since yesterday. For now I'm still stuck on 216 which isn't too bad. It's just waiting to see what direction it'll take on Monday. Will it go up....or downnnn. And of course, I'd like DOWN!

So far I am loving my chicken dinners. Normally I'd buy chicken with some of the fat and skin still on, but buying them cleaned already just makes my life a whole lot easier. Even if the price is ridiculous. :p

Food sounds good today :)

Have you tried buying frozen chicken? Here it's cheaper than fresh.

Day 6

Brkfst : 30g Kelloggs Cornflakes, semi skimmed milk, half tsp demerara sugar. Cup water.

Lunch : Butternut squash soup. Half cup water.

Treat : 2 bars Galaxy chocolate.

Dinner : Leek & Onion chicken breast fillet, string beans, baby new potatoes, half red bell pepper, thumb length deseeded cucumber, mixed green leafy salad with lemon & coriander homous. Cup of water.

Cheat: Large Galaxy bar :(

Snack : Bowl of mixed salad with tsp dollop of l&c homous.

I needed that chocolate. I'd spent the whole day braiding my hair. I needed a pick me up.
Tomorrow and next week will be much better as I have only days before my flight outta here.
Yesterday I had a knock back because it was reported that Natalie Cassidy had the worst workout DVD on their pole. It was on the Wright Stuff. They say celebs don't lose weight off their own DVDs, but for the time I've been using this workout DVD I've been sweating and aching all over. Surely I must be doing something right .

I hope it all goes well for you. ILike Katie I too am doing the dietimeal packs, but eventually will have to go back to real food. It would be so nice if I could do that and still lose what I needed to.

Food sounds really good! Glad to see you're eating a lot of veggies. Gotta love that about veggies, you can eat alot of them, and they're completely guilt free :)

Don't worry about what other say about the workout DVD you use. As long as it works for you, then that's what counts. Moving the body and getting exercise is the most important part. Keep up the good work :)

lass321 said:
I hope it all goes well for you. ILike Katie I too am doing the dietimeal packs, but eventually will have to go back to real food. It would be so nice if I could do that and still lose what I needed to.

Thanks. Still haven't lost anything, nor gained anything at this point. I wonder which way it will shift next week :(

CaliSweden said:
Food sounds really good! Glad to see you're eating a lot of veggies. Gotta love that about veggies, you can eat alot of them, and they're completely guilt free :)

Don't worry about what other say about the workout DVD you use. As long as it works for you, then that's what counts. Moving the body and getting exercise is the most important part. Keep up the good work :)

The downside about working out to workout DVDs? Is that after a few times of watching the same moves? You get sick and tired of it. I'd rather go for a long walk or run round the block.

Some people like knowing what's coming up, and having that security with workout DVDs.

I really recommend going for a walk or a jog. Or walk, jog, and then walk. I knew a girl who lost over 100 lbs. She started off by walking, a little at a time, she'd walk, pause, walk, pause for about 2-3miles. Then as she got stronger, she'd walk, walk, walk, jog, walk, jog. Till oneday she was able to run the whole thing non-stop. In a year she lost over 100 lbs.

Brkfst : Cornflakes with semi skimmed milk and tsp demerara sugar. Half cup water

Snack : 1 tblsp strawberry jelly.

Lunch : Half cantelope melon.

Treat : Galaxy hazlenut chocolate.

Dinner : Sautèd onion, red bell pepper, lemon juice, tinned pink salmon with tinned red kidney beans and steam broccoli. Cup of water.

So far, don't know what it is with eating all this chocolate. It's like I've given up eating ice cream, and now it's back to eating chocolate. I can't win. Maybe I should look into some yoghurts as a healthier alternative for a treat. Haven't been eating fruits cos I haven't been bothered to get any to be honest. I don't like fruit unless I know it's sweet and sometimes when I do for the more expensive bunch? They don't reflect the price at allll. I need to get my hands on some nuts, but I read that cashews are fattening and walnuts don't really do it for me, but I could try I guess.
I think next shopping trip I'll purchase a bag of dried apricots. Its so strange how at first I never fancied them but when I discovered a bag that was juicy? I haven't been able to resist them. Anywho. Til next time :)

How do you feel on the new diet? You sound much better :)

Back