Michellet's Diary

MichelleT

Hope I have created this as a separate diary and not a reply to someone else's!!
I am now into week 6, and only just decided to start the diary, because it is now that
I might stumble. Reading everybody else's diaries has been so encouraging.
I have lost 17.5lbs in 5 weeks, starting weight of 14st 13.5lbs. I have found it to be a fab
Way of eating after having tried all the usual over the past 34 years! I turned 50 this year and have a great life
With a lush husband and 3 strapping sons and 1 daughter in law, have a beautiful home, don't have to work..... And yet still have not
Been able to get my gorging under control. My husband has offered me every incentive you can think of, we are currently on a gift
For every stone with a complete wardrobe of clothes when I am happy with how I look and feel-what more incentive can he give me?
He is even on the diet with me, tho at 6'3" and 17.5 st he doesn't even look overweight!! My youngest son is also following it, so I dont
Even have to buy/prepare different meals!
So all has gone well for 5 weeks, haven't been tempted to eat a single carb! This week we are in Padstow, and I did actually have 2 glasses of champagne last night, but food wise I have been fine, English breakfast this morning and chicken Caesar salad at lunch, one babybel in between,
2 x coffee's with a teensy drop of cream, and fish tonight.
I want to thank everyone for their encouragement, this site has been a real lifeline for me. I have found that it works better for me if I check in
At least once a day, using the time to be inspired by you all rather than stuff something into my gob!

Hi Michelle and welcome

You will love this way of eating hun, and some people here may well become good friends too, they are a friendly and helpful lot :)

Hi Michelle and welcome, I'll be following your diary, good luck. it worked for me.

Holidays

The food hasn't been an issue whilst we have been away, we have stuck with meat or fish and vegetables, resisted all of the delicious desserts, hubby has gone for cheese board and I have had a little nibble of his, but I have failed a bit on the drinks front!! We shared a bottle of champagne again last night, then another couple invited us to join them and we had another one!! It probably sounds like a feeble excuse, but we don't drink very often at all, Shaun less so than me, but we discovered this locally produced champagne last time we were here, and really enjoyed it. I really felt that he has been so supportive and encouraging to me, that it wasn't right not to make this little concession. It might mean that I don't lose this week, but it's a small price to pay to give him something back. Hope that doesn't sound too cheesy, coz I am not a cheesy people. Anyway, we did go for a long bike ride yesterday, and we are going walking along the headland one, so hopefully the damage won't be so severe!!!

Are you on holiday then? I quite like padstow. :)

Hi Jim, yes we are having a short break away, Monday to Thursday.
It's a beautiful place,, we are staying right on the quay.

Welcome and good to see your diary:)

Hi Michelle. You are posting steady losses, so I wouldn't worry about a few glasses of champers whilst on holiday-- you'll burn it off biking around the headland (said she who will find any excuse to drink champagne!)

Nelle

Hello Michelle... I love Padstow and the surrounding countryside ... You're doing brilliantly well - its hard to be away and completely clean and green... Enjoy your break! X

I admire your motivation. i always see holidays as an excuse to overeat and drink too much. Thats where i go wrong, i'm always losing the same weight i've put on over occasions and holidays, so never really get anywhere

Morning Michelle, have you been to any of Rick Stein's restaurants yet?

Yeah, we have been to all of them! Went to rick steins cafe last night, which was lovely! Managed to resist
The champagne last night! Just going down for breakfast now then making our way home. Am glad to be going home, although we have not deviated food wise, I will be glad to get back into my routine. It has been lovely tho, just me and my other half, no squabbling teenage boys for a couple of days!

Morning Michelle, hope your home safe and sound now. and LOL @ the boys :)

Thought I had better start using this thread for what it was intended- logging my food!

Breakfast: half a small coffee with tiny drizzle of cream

Sunday: brunch: 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers of bacon, mushrooms.

Dinner: steak cooked with a bit of olive oil, 1 mushroom, cabbage with bacon and chorizo
Garlic butter.

Snacks: 2 coffees with a little cream, 1 peppered smoked mackerel fillet.

Does this sound ok? If I don't start to lose again soon I am gonna be paranoid!! We went to a help at a function last night
The food was gorgeous, home made rocky road and pavlova with what looked like the most divine chocolate sauce, it was
Like pouring chocolate silk!! I never so much as licked the drop that fell onto my fingers!! Surely such dedication deserves
A half a pound at least??

Menu looks good Michelle, are you glugging the water down?

Might need to keep an eye on the cream - it does stall some people (including me, I use soya milk instead)

I am drinking a lot more water than I normally would, at least 2 litres, plus coffee, rooibos tea etc.
Think u might be right Bout the cream tho, think I might cut it out completely.

Morning Michelle, cheese was always my problem, I've only ever used a little cream so can't say there.

Monday

What a horrid day!! Got up as usual, did everybodys breakfast, drank 2 large glasses of water, took the dog out, came back and felt a bit iffy so laid down at about 11, woke up an hour later with the most horrendous headache, went back to sleep, woke up at 5.30!! Didnt eat a thing all day! Felt a bit better, so went out last night for dinner as arranged, and ate a lovely meal at Junipers. So not much to report in my diary other than:

Starter: Trio of salmon
Main: Rump of lamb with vegetables
Dessert: Small cheese selection
2 jugs of water and 1 small coffee!!

And the scales finally moved this morning! Only by 1lb, but I am so pathetically grateful!!

Back