Microgynon 30ED pill - advice please

LisaC

Gold Member
I've been on Cilest for 8 years, purely to regulate my periods. I saw my Dr today as I struggle so much to lose weight. I explained that I eat a very healthy balanced diet (I didn't want to explain SW) & exercise regularly but still find it ridiculously hard to lose weight. He's put me on Microgynon 30ED to try but after doing some research I've read almost every person reviewing the product has gained weight, between 7-21lbs. Weight change is a side effect of any med but weight gain the the most common with this pill & seems almost certain. I'm now really concerned & anxious as to what to do. Plus it seems almost identical to Cilest anyway...? Has anyone experiences problems with this pill?

Just to add, I asked my Dr if the weight gain from any pill is down to increased appetite which will obviously result in extra weight, he said not necessarily-some pills just make people gain weight without eating the extra food.

I was on Microgynon for 5.5 years and only changed to a progesterone only pill due to me being a type 1 diabetic and having high blood pressure. In the that time I did put weight on but it was nothing to do with the Microgynon, more a new relationship so eating out more and discovering alcohol :p x

Last edited:
Back