Migraine attack!!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I don't know if there are any other migraine sufferers out there, but it's been playing havoc with my CD this weekend. It started on Sunday and almost immediately I started to feel nauseous (as usual :(). I ended up eating nothing at all on Sunday, and on Monday I tried a shake and brought it straight back. My hubby ended up feeding me bits of dry bread washed down with water, basically until I could keep it down. (You feel so awful while all this is going on, that you really couldn't care less what you eat - sufferers will know what I mean!)

This morning I felt dreadful, but did manage to keep a shake down. I've eaten more dry bread, and the only other thing I can face at the moment is savoury vegetable water, and green tea. I can't manage to drink as much as I should, but hopefully I will catch up with the diet in a day or two.

My CDC is currently away so knows nothing of this - I wonder if any other CDCs out there might know if this is going to mess up my diet, or if there's anything I should be doing to build up my energy (which is currently at rock bottom) - I feel like a zombie at the moment. :sigh:

I too suffer from regular migraines I have recently been to the migraine clinic in london due to the fact that I have been on lots of medication to keep them under control including beta blockers and they have recommended to me to have glass of full fat coke with a couple of disoveable asprin in. I have been doing this for a while now and does seem to work I have had two migraines in the 5 weeks I have been on CD and I have used the coke. I believe that you have to not worry about your diet at a time like this and eat whatever you can manage.

I believe that you have to not worry about your diet at a time like this and eat whatever you can manage.

I do too. You have to do what you have to do. Often an extra shake helps, but if you can't keep the shakes down, that's no good.

At times like this, I eat toast. Fortunately, I didn't get any migraines on CD, so I didn't have the on/off plan thing to be concerned with.

Do what you need to get yourself feeling better Jaycey :hug99:

Awww you have sooo much sympathy from me Jaycey!! Here's the link to my thread i started http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...d-migraine-making-me-want-eat-bad-things.html I also had a migraine come on sunday evening and it's been the worst one i can honestly say i've ever had. I went blind in one eye, felt really really nauseous and had the most awful banging head for three days.. There's some good advice in that above link that other mini mins passed on at my time in need, hope it helps some.. Take care and i defo think you should eat what you can stomach at a time like this as you also have to think if you're taking painkillers you need something in your tummy xx

Thanks to everyone, and sorry I didn't see the other thread. The pains are pretty much gone now, but have just left me with this zero-energy, which I'd give anything to get rid of. I managed two shakes yesterday, and a porridge today and don't feel nauseous now, which is a start. The hubby insisted on shoving bits of bread into my savoury water last night, however - insisting that I needed it! :rolleyes: AND he made me eat a slice of bacon (protein = energy, he said) - he's doing his best, poor dear, and I just hope it doesn't murder my ketosis too much. :eek:

One good piece of news - as my CDC's away, I weighed myself on my own scales and they say 11½ stone, which hopefully isn't that too much far away from the truth. I just hope this unfortunate little episode doesn't muck that up.

But please - I need some get-up-and-go, now!! :sign0009:

I'm a migraine sufferer too, and I feel your pain :( There is nothing worse than an attack. Just eat/drink what you can to feel better. Nothing else matters when you're in pain :hug:

have an ss+ meal and see if that helps. Shouldnt interfere with the diet and the hot food might help.

Back