Migraine Help.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jane, 5 February 2007 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    I'm an irregular migraine sufferer. Usually susceptable around TOTM .Red wine xs caffeine or orange juice can trigger. If I catch it early & take migralieve I can often get it over in 24hrs.
    On sat morning I woke feeling not quite right,eyes went all fuzzy then the vice grip on my head & poking in R eye. I've been out of action all weekend nauseus,tottery, photophobic & intolerant of noise.
    Un able to face even a shake I've tried to keep fluids up & decided I could face an apple & slice of bread last night. I know it's not ss-ing, but I was afraid that it was being made worse bya v. low blood sugar.
    It wasn't something that came up when my CDC asked the screening Qs, & It never occured to me to menion it. I'm going to ring her later ,of course, to tell her & explain why I didn't make her sun-lunchtime open weigh in. Has any one else had any experience of cd & migraine? Have I just een unlucky or was it due to the sudden change in my diet?
    Any info please. (as long as it's not to say that the 2 are incompatible, as I have been cruising in last week or so.energetic,cheerful,not craving food or wine)
    It's mon pm no & I'm well enough to write this without the pcscreen making me vomit & after a bath I'll be ableto collect kids from school i hope.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Poor you. Don't know of anything in CD to make migraines worse - would it help to split your packs and have 6 smaller meals through out the day so your blood sugar level's don't dip???

Hope you are soon feeling better. Take care.

jane likes this.
  4. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Jane

My migraines are similar to your generally around TOTM and controlled if caught early by migraleve. When I was SSing on CD I actually found a reduction in migraines. I think it was all the water i was drinking and cutting out the rubbish. It was somehing I was really careful about from the beginning through and so always tried not to leave too long between shakes or soups. I also found avoiding bars best too.

Hopefully this isn't going to be an ongoing problem for you. Like I said I found a real improvement.

Dizzy x

jane likes this.
  5. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    thanks to both of you. Iagree that keeping blood sugar level even is a good idea. Also glad to hear that they are less frequent onCDss.As you said no alcohol,no orange juice,chocolate or general rubbish & E-numbers .limited salt & plenty of liquid should all keep big M at bay. I did have more caffeine than usual on the preceding day, also I (along with the rest of the family) had a brief viral illness earlier in the week putting us all to bed for a day. Maybe that combo was enough to do it.

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Glad you are feeling better Jane. I get migraines occasionally, and have definitely found upping the water intake, etc makes a huge difference xx

7. kelly1977

kelly1977 Back On CD.......

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Jane,

I know exactly how you feel I too am a migraine sufferer, especially at ttom, (which is now) I get them that makes my head ache for days. If I catch it early then I am usually fine, I found I did get a migraine from hell while I was doing ss at first, but I think that was because I went to eating loads (pigged out) to hardly nothing, I just kept glugging the water which made a huge difference.

Kel
    x

jane likes this.
  8. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Caffeine may be a factor Jane

As when I started CD I also quite tea and coffee too as I wanted a complete detox and also knew that I had a nasty habit of eating with tea and coffee. It's hard to start with in fact had a really bad migraine just on the first day while detoxing and then felt great after that.

Pretty sure you'll be great too, I hope so!;)

Dizzy x

9. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge

poor you. I would have to classify mine as M fom hell too. It wasa 3day in bed & 2 days woosy &'out of it'. I wonder if the change of diet was a factor like you suggested .in which case now I'm stuck on CD it'll not be a problem from now(she says touching the table)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.