Migraine Help.

jane

Opinionated
I'm an irregular migraine sufferer. Usually susceptable around TOTM .Red wine xs caffeine or orange juice can trigger. If I catch it early & take migralieve I can often get it over in 24hrs.
On sat morning I woke feeling not quite right,eyes went all fuzzy then the vice grip on my head & poking in R eye. I've been out of action all weekend nauseus,tottery, photophobic & intolerant of noise.
Un able to face even a shake I've tried to keep fluids up & decided I could face an apple & slice of bread last night. I know it's not ss-ing, but I was afraid that it was being made worse bya v. low blood sugar.
It wasn't something that came up when my CDC asked the screening Qs, & It never occured to me to menion it. I'm going to ring her later ,of course, to tell her & explain why I didn't make her sun-lunchtime open weigh in. Has any one else had any experience of cd & migraine? Have I just een unlucky or was it due to the sudden change in my diet?
Any info please. (as long as it's not to say that the 2 are incompatible, as I have been cruising in last week or so.energetic,cheerful,not craving food or wine)
It's mon pm no & I'm well enough to write this without the pcscreen making me vomit & after a bath I'll be ableto collect kids from school i hope.

Poor you. Don't know of anything in CD to make migraines worse - would it help to split your packs and have 6 smaller meals through out the day so your blood sugar level's don't dip???

Hope you are soon feeling better. Take care.

Hi Jane

My migraines are similar to your generally around TOTM and controlled if caught early by migraleve. When I was SSing on CD I actually found a reduction in migraines. I think it was all the water i was drinking and cutting out the rubbish. It was somehing I was really careful about from the beginning through and so always tried not to leave too long between shakes or soups. I also found avoiding bars best too.

Hopefully this isn't going to be an ongoing problem for you. Like I said I found a real improvement.

Dizzy x

thanks to both of you. Iagree that keeping blood sugar level even is a good idea. Also glad to hear that they are less frequent onCDss.As you said no alcohol,no orange juice,chocolate or general rubbish & E-numbers .limited salt & plenty of liquid should all keep big M at bay. I did have more caffeine than usual on the preceding day, also I (along with the rest of the family) had a brief viral illness earlier in the week putting us all to bed for a day. Maybe that combo was enough to do it.

Glad you are feeling better Jane. I get migraines occasionally, and have definitely found upping the water intake, etc makes a huge difference xx

Hi Jane,

I know exactly how you feel I too am a migraine sufferer, especially at ttom, (which is now) I get them that makes my head ache for days. If I catch it early then I am usually fine, I found I did get a migraine from hell while I was doing ss at first, but I think that was because I went to eating loads (pigged out) to hardly nothing, I just kept glugging the water which made a huge difference.

Kel
x

thanks to both of you. Iagree that keeping blood sugar level even is a good idea. Also glad to hear that they are less frequent onCDss.As you said no alcohol,no orange juice,chocolate or general rubbish & E-numbers .limited salt & plenty of liquid should all keep big M at bay. I did have more caffeine than usual on the preceding day, also I (along with the rest of the family) had a brief viral illness earlier in the week putting us all to bed for a day. Maybe that combo was enough to do it.

Caffeine may be a factor Jane

As when I started CD I also quite tea and coffee too as I wanted a complete detox and also knew that I had a nasty habit of eating with tea and coffee. It's hard to start with in fact had a really bad migraine just on the first day while detoxing and then felt great after that.

Pretty sure you'll be great too, I hope so!;)

Dizzy x

Hi Jane,

I know exactly how you feel I too am a migraine sufferer, especially at ttom, (which is now) I get them that makes my head ache for days. If I catch it early then I am usually fine, I found I did get a migraine from hell while I was doing ss at first, but I think that was because I went to eating loads (pigged out) to hardly nothing, I just kept glugging the water which made a huge difference.

Kel
x

poor you. I would have to classify mine as M fom hell too. It wasa 3day in bed & 2 days woosy &'out of it'. I wonder if the change of diet was a factor like you suggested .in which case now I'm stuck on CD it'll not be a problem from now(she says touching the table)

Back