Migraines and sugar

Shirleen

Gold Member
I've had two migraines in three days, I feel yucky and today had a craving for sugar, tried to sate the craving with doet coke but didn't work.

So have blown about 10 syns on Mikado.
But ordinarily I don't bother with chocolate so I feel a bit cheated lol!

Sometimes its really difficult to not give into a craving and I would just pass the 10 syns off as undeniable so to speak.

Years ago when I had periods I would be desperate for a Mars bar probably because it was the sweetest thing I could (normally dont like them) but these things happen and we have to move on. Sorry you dont feel great I hope you feel better soon.

Sometimes its really difficult to not give into a craving and I would just pass the 10 syns off as undeniable so to speak.

Years ago when I had periods I would be desperate for a Mars bar probably because it was the sweetest thing I could (normally dont like them) but these things happen and we have to move on. Sorry you dont feel great I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, I've just thought that maybe it's hormonal, I had a hysterectomy last August but still have my ovaries and still get PMT a bit!

I'm going to write off the 10 syns as medicinal!!!

I had same op 12 years ago was 8st 2 at the time couldnt keep weight on. I do think you gain weight after the operation but it has to be worked at to keep it off I didnt and it just crept up on me ha ha!!!

Ive stopped having sugary things in the house now cant be trusted.

Its a good idea the medicinal one

Hi shirleen, I feel your pain. I had a migraine yesterday and it wiped me out for 6 hours, came on in sainsburys, had to abandon the shopping and call my husband to come and get me! Was the full works, blurred vision, speech etc, people must have thought I was drunk! I can never face anything to eat whilst it's happening but really wanted something plain and carby when I 'came to' so had some toast, like you I consider it medicinal!

I always fancy something sweet after a migraine, sometimes I can do without or work around it!

You poor thing, hope you're feeling better now? 10 syns is nothing in the big scheme of things - and mikados are yummy!!! Perhaps its weather / atmospherics as I've been wiped out by a three day headache leading into a migraine this week. Glad its a long weekend now to recover!

Back