Military Fitness

chunkychicken

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you adventurous types had tried Military fitness? And what you thought of it?

It is where you meet in a local park and an ex-army instructor drills you through exercises for an hour. I have found a local group (beginners obviously) but I haven't done any exercise in years - the last time I exercised regularly I weighed 19 to 20 stone and it was so difficult at that weight it totally put me off.... I feel it is time (and the missing key to my maintenance programme) to include exercise in my life - but I have always needed more than my fair share of motivation. I was hoping that if I had some burly army type shouting in my face and a group I didn't want to let down by being the slowest, that I would find that missing motivation.

So that was a lot of waffle for nothing... just wondered if anyone had tried it and what they thought?

Cheers
laura
xx

Oh I would love to be chased around a field by a fit military man don't know if i'd run too fast.... On a serious note though it sounds a good idea i've gotto look & see if it's done near me now let us know if you go for it & how it goes

Cor....I've just had a look at local classes bit expensive but might be worth a try

I'd rather die :D

I've started exercising, and am setting myself weekly goals (see ticker) of exercising every day, and having sunday as a 'rest and reward' day, where I have a day off exercise and get my pre set weekly reward.

I've printed off a diary that says what I plan to do, and a box to tick when I've done it. Ticking that box feels really good :D

I alternate between doing something cardio vascular like running/brisk walking/swimming/cross trainer, and then toning with the ball, resistance band and ab roller. It only takes about half an hour a day.

My ticker is motivating too, it's nice to put a tick in that box and to update my ticker.

Back