Military Fitness

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by chunkychicken, 5 June 2008 Social URL.

1. chunkychicken

chunkychicken Full Member

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you adventurous types had tried Military fitness? And what you thought of it?

It is where you meet in a local park and an ex-army instructor drills you through exercises for an hour. I have found a local group (beginners obviously) but I haven't done any exercise in years - the last time I exercised regularly I weighed 19 to 20 stone and it was so difficult at that weight it totally put me off.... I feel it is time (and the missing key to my maintenance programme) to include exercise in my life - but I have always needed more than my fair share of motivation. I was hoping that if I had some burly army type shouting in my face and a group I didn't want to let down by being the slowest, that I would find that missing motivation.

So that was a lot of waffle for nothing... just wondered if anyone had tried it and what they thought?

Cheers
    laura
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RecoveringChocaholic

RecoveringChocaholic I'm going to be slim

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh I would love to be chased around a field by a fit military man don't know if i'd run too fast.... On a serious note though it sounds a good idea i've gotto look & see if it's done near me now let us know if you go for it & how it goes

4. RecoveringChocaholic

RecoveringChocaholic I'm going to be slim

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Cor....I've just had a look at local classes bit expensive but might be worth a try

5. Mandee

Mandee Full Member

They do them at my gym which is Fitness First so if you are a member there they might offer it. They are doing one in Cheltenham this Sunday actually!

6. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    I'd rather die :D

I've started exercising, and am setting myself weekly goals (see ticker) of exercising every day, and having sunday as a 'rest and reward' day, where I have a day off exercise and get my pre set weekly reward.

I've printed off a diary that says what I plan to do, and a box to tick when I've done it. Ticking that box feels really good :D

I alternate between doing something cardio vascular like running/brisk walking/swimming/cross trainer, and then toning with the ball, resistance band and ab roller. It only takes about half an hour a day.

My ticker is motivating too, it's nice to put a tick in that box and to update my ticker.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.