Milk diet????

jockiejoe

Wanting Is The Key
What is the milk diet? What does it have on its list? What are the daily intake of foods? Is it safe to do with as a crash attack to shed a some weight? I not planning to have band or bypass

I've never heard of it, but I assume it works on the theory that the calcium reduces the amount of fat absorbed into the body. So my guess is it is a lower calorie diet which involves drinking milk just before eating a meal. Other than that I'm not sure.

What is the milk diet? What does it have on its list? What are the daily intake of foods? Is it safe to do with as a crash attack to shed a some weight? I not planning to have band or bypass

this is the liver shrinking diet that has to be followed before weight loss surgery

it is done only under medical supervision.
it consists of
4 pints semi skimmed milk
1 low fat yogurt
1 or 2 drinks of oxo
and sugar free squash and water when you need
I think that is about it but some people have sugar free jellies

Ouch - that's nasty! I though CD/Exante was extreme, but I wouldn't last 5 minutes on this. It must make you feel extremly hungry surely?

You are on the milk diet for between 7 and 10 days.
It makes your liver shrink so the surgeons can get to your stomach to do a bypass or band easier
not the easiest diet but essensial for surgery.

thanks guys re the info, was wondering if ir would be a good shock to bod to lose a few lbs, but will maybe try something a little easier

A friend of mine was doing this through the obesity clinic at the hospital, she did it for months. Obviously they were monitoring her really heavily but she said it was hideous to follow, although apparently the stock cube in boiling water tasted like some amazing gourmet soup after all that milk every day! :eek:

i have done the milk diet for 4 weeks,
4 pints ss milk,
2pints water,
1 oxo,
1 sugarfree jelly,
1 vit tablet.
it's hard to start with but you get used to it. the second 2 weeks i had a green salad with mayo every teatime. i lost 20lbs in that 4 weeks.
it is a pre opp diet. you do get side effects "dizzy, cold".
i was living on coffee milk shakes.

My prescription which was given to me last week, which I plan to start tomorrow is
4 pints of semi skimmed milk
I stock cube
2 pints of fluid water etc.
sanatogen gold multi vitimin.
jellies if I want
fibogel.

thanks guys re the info, was wondering if ir would be a good shock to bod to lose a few lbs, but will maybe try something a little easier

If you want to lose a quick 10 pds you should try the cabbage soup diet for 1 week. I lost 10 pounds on it this week and next week will be following the judders up day down day diet. Good luck to you.:)

Back