Milk in coffee!!!!

littleflower2

Hi everyone.....I'm the kind of person who needs coffee in the morn...2 cups of it! I hate black coffee so thought a wee splash of milk to colour it wont do any harm! The pharmasist told me not to do it as i am taking my body in and out of ketosis and this will obv affect my weight loss!
So this morning Day 9 i had 2 cups of horrible black coffee and may even change to green tea....just need to get out of the habit!
Looking forward to see if this will make a change to my weight loss next week!
Have a lovely 100% day everyone x :)

it wont make a difference, i do it every single day. i have 3 cups a day with milk n 2 sweeteners, may i say i AM IN NO WAY RECOMMENDING IT. im just stating what i do and its NEVER MADE a difference xx

Peppermint tea is a great substitute. Some people use a spoonful of vanilla shake as a whitener but I never tried it myself

I have skimmed milk in every single tea and coffee I have...

Today so far I've had 6 cups with milk in... I told my chemist and she agreed it was not affecting my losses and was pleased that I could still enjoy something lol

It's not for everyone... But if it keeps you on shakes and not food, then it's all good...

Good luck x

I was told that caffeine, rather than having milk in your tea and coffee, encourages the body to hold on to fat. I swapped to black redbush tea which is caffeine free and I have to say very refreshing! I still have coffee as a treat now and again but just one cup. I hate it when people say smug stuff like that but I used to drink so much coffee I had palpitations - and the headaches coming off it were a nightmare! It's purely the thought of going through a caffeine detox again that stops me brewing up.

Oooohhhh that's interesting!!! Isn't it funny how we've all heard different things! I think in gonny have milk tomorrow.....the 'tar' coffee is just too much to bear. I need it to start my engine. Someone told me to get lactose free milk as theres no sugars in this!!! Oh god who knows!!! Roll on day 10.....cant believe I've made it this far!! X

I really don't like tea or coffee without sugar but I'm managing to get away with black sugar-free coffee. I only have the odd one every week and it just makes a change for me. Personally, I wouldn't put the milk in as I'm sure if it was ok to do so we wouldn't have been told to take it black. I have to bow down to science and those that devised the diet in the first place.

I'm sure that given time you would get used to taking it without milk. I've only had water and about 10 black coffees in i think 9 weeks of this diet and I used to drink 4-6 litres of Diet Coke a day. I'm not a great fan of water but a diet is a sacrifice albeit temporary. The first thing to pass my lips once I'm on normal foods again will be a Diet Coke of course - in a glass bottle! :)

I'm definately thinking i should stay away from the milk! It's not forever and it's only myself i'm cheating!!!
MrC I drank 6 cans of diet coke a day....i really miss it but sparkling water with loads of ice is my new diet coke! It will be the 1st thing i have too....and a glass bottle sounds fab! Why does it taste so good in that glass bottle!!!!!
Have you been on LT for 9 weeks? How you getting on? I see in another post you were gonny put up pics.....get them up as soon as you can.....you look well slim in your profile pic!

Have a good day everyone x

MrC I drank 6 cans of diet coke a day....i really miss it but sparkling water with loads of ice is my new diet coke! It will be the 1st thing i have too....and a glass bottle sounds fab! Why does it taste so good in that glass bottle!!!!!
Have you been on LT for 9 weeks? How you getting on? I see in another post you were gonny put up pics.....get them up as soon as you can.....you look well slim in your profile pic!

Have a good day everyone x

I think Coca Cola have a special magic glass factory - it's just amazing how much difference the bottle makes. Have you also noticed how different Diet Coke tastes from country to country too?

Weh I started posting on here earlier in the week I said I'd been on LT for 8 weeks but looking back through my weight diary I've actually been on it for just over 10 weeks. I was 15st 2lb when I started and I'm now 12st dead. I would like to lose another half stone or so but I'm determined that I'm only going to do another three weeks on it followed by a two week refeed. I want to start running and playing football again and I need a little more energy than TFR is giving me. The plan has always been a) to get thinner then b) to get fitter.

Thanks for the kind words about my mug shot - any compliments are most welcome! :D Once I find a recent 'just before' LT pic I'll upload them although I don't really have many body shots, mainly just heads.

MrC your pic looks fab! And you'll easily lose that much weight in 3 weeks!!

Flower have you tried mixing coffee into your choc shake? I hade it this morning heated up in the microwave and it tasted alright! I use a tablespoon of instant coffee and 300ml of water and mix it before heating!

Back