Milk in tea

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Sammeh, 9 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Sammeh

Sammeh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know this has been asked and answered but having spent almost an hour trying to find the previous post I have given up, am being lazy and so once again (and sorry for repeating a question that has been asked gazillions of times...) but why can't we have skimmed milk in our tea?

I gave up tea when I started this diet as just cannot do black tea - my Mum can, but she is odd! I can do black coffee so have just stuck to that instead but I have really gone off coffee - I just cannot face another cup!

It was my daughters birthday yesterday and I drank loads of cups of lovely tea (with milk) and to be honest, enjoyed my last cuppa before bed last night that I am not sure I can go on with this diet if I have to give up my tea again!!!! I will, but still, if I don't have to, I'd rather not!

So, what is with the no milk thing - how bad is it? Am I actually just completely wasting any benefits from this diet for the sake of one or two cups of tea a day (well, ok, I am a tea addict, more like 10 cups of tea a day)?

Please help! Love from a confused tea addict not willing to go cold turkey again now that she has sampled the sweet delights of tea (made with milk!) once more!!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shazzac62

Shazzac62 Full Member

Not sure why u can't on this diet but wen I did all about w8 you were allowed half pint of skimmed and it would not effect ketosis so I can't see why it would but miby someone who knows beter will reply! But IMO if half pint skimmed is all you need to keep you on straight n narrow to reach your goals I would def do it!!x

4. Jubbly

Jubbly Loves Minimins long time

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante/previous Cambridge/yo-yo!
    I soooo miss my cup of tea at work :(. On Cambridge you could have 1/2 pint skimmed milk on 790 I think and still stay in ketosis but then I note that milk is on the "not appropriate" list for ketogenic foods on another thread. I believe some people here have skimmed milk with no impact on their weight loss. I'm going to get me some next week and just see if it appears to make a difference. x

5. kissme

kissme Gold Member

milk is very high in carbs hun :)

6. kissme

kissme Gold Member

semi skimmed milk has 5g of carbs per 100ml so if you had 10 cups of tea thats around 3/4 of a pint and would be the same amount of carbs as in 2 exante packs

7. Sammeh

Sammeh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you are kidding me - milk has HOW many carbs!!!! LOL I thought it might be fat content or something but never imagined it would be carb related!

Well, I would happily forgo two packs a day for my 10 cups of tea - not the best healthy choice though I guess!

Maybe a middle ground then. Might just stick with 3 packs and maybe a nice cuppa to round off the day.........

8. kissme

kissme Gold Member

lol Sounds like a plan! :) its about what work for you :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.