Milk in tea

Sammeh

Silver Member
I know this has been asked and answered but having spent almost an hour trying to find the previous post I have given up, am being lazy and so once again (and sorry for repeating a question that has been asked gazillions of times...) but why can't we have skimmed milk in our tea?

I gave up tea when I started this diet as just cannot do black tea - my Mum can, but she is odd! I can do black coffee so have just stuck to that instead but I have really gone off coffee - I just cannot face another cup!

It was my daughters birthday yesterday and I drank loads of cups of lovely tea (with milk) and to be honest, enjoyed my last cuppa before bed last night that I am not sure I can go on with this diet if I have to give up my tea again!!!! I will, but still, if I don't have to, I'd rather not!

So, what is with the no milk thing - how bad is it? Am I actually just completely wasting any benefits from this diet for the sake of one or two cups of tea a day (well, ok, I am a tea addict, more like 10 cups of tea a day)?

Please help! Love from a confused tea addict not willing to go cold turkey again now that she has sampled the sweet delights of tea (made with milk!) once more!!!!!

Not sure why u can't on this diet but wen I did all about w8 you were allowed half pint of skimmed and it would not effect ketosis so I can't see why it would but miby someone who knows beter will reply! But IMO if half pint skimmed is all you need to keep you on straight n narrow to reach your goals I would def do it!!x

I soooo miss my cup of tea at work :(. On Cambridge you could have 1/2 pint skimmed milk on 790 I think and still stay in ketosis but then I note that milk is on the "not appropriate" list for ketogenic foods on another thread. I believe some people here have skimmed milk with no impact on their weight loss. I'm going to get me some next week and just see if it appears to make a difference. x

semi skimmed milk has 5g of carbs per 100ml so if you had 10 cups of tea thats around 3/4 of a pint and would be the same amount of carbs as in 2 exante packs

you are kidding me - milk has HOW many carbs!!!! LOL I thought it might be fat content or something but never imagined it would be carb related!

Well, I would happily forgo two packs a day for my 10 cups of tea - not the best healthy choice though I guess!

Maybe a middle ground then. Might just stick with 3 packs and maybe a nice cuppa to round off the day.........

Back