milk

cruisedolly

I thought I had this all worked out, but just need to check if I am doing something wrong. I am on extra easy and having skimmed milk as HEA. I thought you could use it in cooking, but after somebody pointed it out I notice that the book says in drinks or on cereals. If I use it, for example in batchelors pasta'n'sauce, do I have to syn it?

As long as it's taken from your daily allowance you don't have to syn it :)

but if you make pastansauce with milk its syned, ask your consultant

amandag159 said:

It really isn't! You can use your hea of milk anyway you want! That's why there are recipes on the SW site which use milk & allow you to use it as part of your allowance.

She's only saying it's synned in that it's NO LONGER FREE if you dont make it with just water. That doesn't mean you cant use the milk from your HEX to make it with.

Thanks for that. I was just using the pasta'n' sauce as an example, because somebody had told me that I couldn't use milk from my allowance to cook a rice pudding. Glad to know I can.

cruisedolly said:
Thanks for that. I was just using the pasta'n' sauce as an example, because somebody had told me that I couldn't use milk from my allowance to cook a rice pudding. Glad to know I can.

If you make the rice pudding from scratch you can, but not if it's been made up already c

I'd forgot about rice pudding! Love it x

Back