MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Once you have made your mim in the microwave, slice it and toast it, gorgeous with a knob of butter and Philadelphia , I put nutmeg , cinnamon and ginger in mine :)

MiM without egg?

Is this possible? Sorry if someone has already asked and answered...just found out I have issues with eggs but I love MiMs as I can't eat bread!

Not sure but worth a try, add some butter and drop of water before cooking in the microwave

I have made flaxseed bread without an egg. Mix with butter and water then I spread thinly on a plate. Microwave and when cooked very carefully lift off plate.

It's very fragile, then I normally toast. More like cracker than bread.

If you miss baking powder out of a traditional mim with egg in it may not rise as well.

Just for the record Linwoods also make lots of different flavours.....good for muffins etc!!

Free p&p too if you order 5 or more....

Super Foods,ground seeds, nuts and berries, Gluten Free, Flaxseed, Shelled Hemp | Linwoods

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ive just made my first mim using the coca and berry flavour

1/4 cup of flaxseed (30mg)
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon of splenda
1 tablespoon of double cream
nuked for 1min, sliced and had it with some mexian spicy cheese. Im actually really suprised how nice it was!

im not sure what the carb intake of it, but im well under my carb limit today so i didnt bother counting.

Question, which im sure has already been answered, but are we allowed these ever day?

edit: just worked out the net carbs for on MFP and its coming back at 2g carbs not including the cheese.
Surly that cant be right?

Last edited:
I have made flaxseed bread without an egg. Mix with butter and water then I spread thinly on a plate. Microwave and when cooked very carefully lift off plate.

It's very fragile, then I normally toast. More like cracker than bread.

If you miss baking powder out of a traditional mim with egg in it may not rise as well.

just tried it without the baking powder and it came out pretty well, it did rise but not as much as it would of done with the baking powder!

They're not technically limited but most people seem to stick to a couple a week as people have reported stalls from having them daily.

Thankyou very much, will look forward to trying them. Also can anyone tell me how long you should stay on induction and what i should try to introduce to my diet next. For the last 10 days i have drunk nothing but water and have only eaten meat, cheese, eggs and small amounts of green salad leaves and green veg, and mushrooms. I would really like to make a curry, can i have coconut milk or tinned tomatoes? and can i eat nuts? sorry for all the questions but the book i ordered hasn't come yet. I have already lost 10lb so am pleased with the results, i'm just worried i will get bored with my food quickly and give up. Any help greatly apprecieated.

You're probably best to ask these questions in the main forum rather than the recipe forum but I'll try and answer.

First, have a read of the sticky 'so you're thinking of starting Atkins' which will give you some tips.

The minimum time you can stay on induction is 2 weeks, the maximum is 6 months though people sometimes stay on it longer if they have a lot to lose.

You need to read the book before you go up a section really but in the next stages you can add nuts and berries in small amounts as long as you weigh them out and count the carbs.

Re: coconut milk - read the label on the back of the tin. Don't use it if it has any added sugars etc and count the carbs into your 20g.

Tinned tomato: better to avoid in induction but again if you use it at any stage of the diet you need to count the carbs - which can be quite high. you wouldn't be able to use much in induction.

Have a look at the shopping list sticky as there are a couple of low carb tomatoey options on there.

Could these be made with single cream? which i have in the fridge? or does it have to be whipping cream...im a newbie and in awe of your recipees and weight loss :) this question is for Ditzeeblonde about your sausage and egg Mcmuffin recipe x

Last edited:
EGG AND SAUSAGE MCMUFFINS

Makes 12 muffins
(per muffin: 1g carb)

Great for on the go, make sure you use low carb sausages, you can also add sauteed mushrooms or onions to the mix.

These muffins can be frozen & reheated in the microwave.

455g sausages
12 large eggs
120ml whipping cream
120ml water
1/4tsp sea salt
170g grated cheddar

Preheat the oven to 180c. Coat a 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Remove the sausage meat from the casings & crumble the meat into a large frying pan. Cook over a medium heat, stiring to break up the pieces, for 5 mins, or until browned. Divide meat evenly amoung the muffin cups.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, water & salt. Pour over the sausages & top with cheese.

Bake for 20-30 mins until the eggs are cooked thru. Cool slightly & remove from the tins.

Enjoy.... they are delish. xxx

Can these be made with single cream?? If so I have all the ingredients in to try them ? I'm a newbie an they sound amazing x

Yea your right, I will try it. I'm loving the support and ideas this forum gives... Thank you ? x

yummy

Here's a lovely idea for icing for a MIM -

Pink Cream Cheese Frosting

2 ounces of cream cheese
1 Tablespoon DaVinci Sugarfree Raspberry syrup
3 teaspoons Splenda or equivalent sweetener

Let the cream cheese warm to room temperature. Or, a quick zap in the microwave will do, but don't melt it too much. Stir in the syrup and sweetener until well blended.
Top each muffin with a dollop of frosting, or split a muffin open and spread the frosting between the two halves. This will frost about 12 mini muffins.

Back