MiM's & flaxseed recipes

MMM. Food for thought.I was thinking of making 3 lots to take to the trade show then have them for lunch with some bacon or ham or something meaty.We have a fridge on stand so it just might be worth a try.
thx for that.
oh and love the idea of eggy mim.yum. cant wait till breakfast now.

Quax Flax - pictures as requested
1st one after initial mix
2nd one - showing dropping consistency
3rd one - after cream mixed in
4th one - my new biscuity sorta thingies

I know, it does not look as appealing as real porridge but I think it makes a good substitute and puts something warm in my belly before I set off for work which I think is important, especially in this weather!

Attachments

• food glorious food 002.jpg
    food glorious food 002.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 168
  • food glorious food 003.jpg
    food glorious food 003.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 156
  • food glorious food 007.jpg
    food glorious food 007.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 158
  • food glorious food 004.jpg
    food glorious food 004.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 174
Thanks for posting those photo's Bren. My flax porridge looks kinds similar but needs some tweeking as it's too gloopy like wall paperpaste atm. Those biccies look nice!! Which recipe are they from hun?

I posted a recipe on here earlier this week, they are flax biscuits but using the one with seeds - it is not far back. Post number 334 if that helps!

Thanks for posting those photo's Bren. My flax porridge looks kinds similar but needs some tweeking as it's too gloopy like wall paperpaste atm. Those biccies look nice!! Which recipe are they from hun?

Probably just a bit too much water by the sound of it, do you let it go off the boil for a minute before you mix it? I find that helps too.

My Birthday cake - A MiM for each layer.

I'm not sure how much cream is in it as I dropped half of the cream on the floor! The floor is now very slippy.

I'm not sure if I should admit what i cooked it in - but I assure you that I used boiling water to clean the cat's ceramic milk dish before I put the mix in it!!! It was just a perfect size!!

Attachments

• my birthday cake.jpg
    my birthday cake.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 133
  • birthday cake 2.jpg
    birthday cake 2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 147
My Birthday cake - A MiM for each layer.

I'm not sure how much cream is in it as I dropped half of the cream on the floor! The floor is now very slippy.

I'm not sure if I should admit what i cooked it in - but I assure you that I used boiling water to clean the cat's ceramic milk dish before I put the mix in it!!! It was just a perfect size!!

Lol - looks great - enjoy!!!!! :D

Wow! Fab cake Piglet - hope you had loads and really enjoyed it! PMSL about the cat's bowl though! ;)

Love the cake piglet :D

Hope the cat didn't get too upset lol

Where can I buy flaxmeal from? Im aware this has prob been asked many times, but it will be somewhere hidden back through all the posts.. Thanks :) x

Holland and barratt hun. Well, that's where a couple of us get it from anyways. I just bought two packets from their website, they were buy one get one half price at the time, delivery £1.99 which kinda meant that you got them for the same price as going to the shop. My local shop only stocks the organic plain variety.

tesco sell flaxmeal, but you can buy flaxseed and grind it in a coffee grinder, it does work out a bit cheaper that way, not much though!

it's about £5 for a bag in tesco (linsuit is the brand, green and red bag) but it lasts for ages, it's an easy way to buy it to start with.

Back