MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Please whats mim and where do you buy it from ? Thanks

if you read back through the thread it will explain but basically its a Muffin in a Minute....

made from egg and milled flaxseed, its a really versatile muffin....can be made, sweet or savoury....sliced and grilled to make crackers.....made thin for tortillas...the possibilities are endless :D....some great ideas in the thread

I just made my first ever cinnamon MiM! thanks for the recipe Linzi! It was gorgeous! i recon slicing it and then toasting it in the grill is the way forward, i'm going to try that tomorrow :) x

Quax Flax - pictures as requested
1st one after initial mix
2nd one - showing dropping consistency
3rd one - after cream mixed in
4th one - my new biscuity sorta thingies

I know, it does not look as appealing as real porridge but I think it makes a good substitute and puts something warm in my belly before I set off for work which I think is important, especially in this weather!

just made my first porridge, tastes ok, but will put less water in next time as it was like wallpaperpaste when trying to put it on the spoon, infact it was the same consistancy as frog spawn, just wouldnt stay put on the spoon.lol it was nice enough though....:)

HELP so want to try a mim

:)
I am so looking forward to my first try of a mim...

could only get golden linseeds - so will have to make my own ground seeds.. sigh

Only have a blender just now, can I just blitz it till floury??? LOL

:)
I am so looking forward to my first try of a mim...

could only get golden linseeds - so will have to make my own ground seeds.. sigh

Only have a blender just now, can I just blitz it till floury??? LOL

I tried with my blender but it just didnt do the job, so I bought a coffee grinder from argos, does the job great. Golden linseed is nicer than the dark as well.
Enjoy your first MIM when you make it.:)

I`ve been that organized that I have ground up 100g worth and put in a little tub and marked the tub every 30g so i just need to pour it into my bowl, no need for weighing.

Ha Ha it doesnt last that long. Having a half mim for supper as still hungry, but still less than 20g carbs so dont feel so bad

This might be a stupid question but what is flaxseed? Is it like oats? Can we have a particular brand of oats or porridge on Atkins/Low carb?

Thanks in advance for your replies :) xx

Maybe_Baby said:
This might be a stupid question but what is flaxseed? Is it like oats? Can we have a particular brand of oats or porridge on Atkins/Low carb?

Thanks in advance for your replies :) xx

Flaxseed is what we all use in substitute to flour. You can buy the seeds and gind them in a coffee grinder to
Make meal. Once in this state you can make mim( muffin in a minute) mix. Very low carb and has lots of good properties.
I wouldnt say there is any low carb porriage of the shelf. Make your own with flax meal.
Goto the atkins threads and mim/ flaxseed
stickys to get ideas. Good luck

My breaky. Half a mim toasted with a tbls of egg and bacon filler with a slice of mexicon cheese, zapped in microwave for 30secs. Yum

Attachments

• image-56574634.jpg
    image-56574634.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 169
Flaxseed are sometimes known as linseed. They are little seeds that we use ground to make mims and other goodies.

You can get them from Holland and Barret and some supermarkets.

My latest adaptation is MIM 'naan' bread:-

1/4 cup flaxmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
2 teaspoons butter
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
pinch garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh corriander

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir well, then add butter and egg. Microwave for 2 mins (depending on your oven output). Leave to cool, then sprinkle on some cold water and bake in the oven until crisp (10 mins fan assisted 160 degrees). Im trying to achieve a crispy texture rather than bread. Enjoy with Jim's fabulous curry recipe!

Quantities can be adjusted to suit any tastes, you just have to be brave!! x

Copied from another thread to keep all MiM recipes together

Back