MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Houmous is definately not good for induction, usually about 7-10g carb per 100g.

Have a look at the start of this thread for Muffin in Oven recipe MiO

Yes mims in the oven good - in fact might be better if you can be patient! I usually want mine NOW!
:)

Just made mim baps for my burger! Delicious!

Jools xx

Attachments

• image-3827204466.jpg
    image-3827204466.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 153
It was really tasty .. had a slice of processed cheese and some mayo. Felt better as the rest of the family were having burgers too so I didn't feel left out at all .. and even the kids had a taste.

Jools xx

I experimented this morning as I really just fancied cereal. So I had flax with cream and a little water (50ml or so) and ate it cold sprinkled a little sweetener on. It was lovely, best left a few mins to swell, nice nutty flavour and whilst quite plain now on OWL it would be great with nuts & berries. A cold cereal option really for the warmer mornings.

I added cream, mixed it then realised I needed water too so added. Looked too thin to start with but it thickened up within a minute. Mixed fine and it was ground, I do it in my grinder. I was setting out to make your quak flax but thought cold might be nice and it was.

OMG!!! i just made a chocolate MIM because i was getting some serious cravings, these things are made from the heavens lol!!!

I just cannot imagine how i am ever going to loose any weight eating the amount and type of food i have been eating for the past two days, it just does not seam possible!!!!

vikki x :)

I'm with you 100% on this one astraea, I wouldn't be able to stay on the straight and narrow without the wonderful chocolate mim! If (when) I get a craving for something sweet they hit the spot perfectly!

I do find them a bit dry though, so I have them poured over with soya milk mixed with a tiny dash of double cream. Yum!!! :D

*dashes off to kitchen to make a choccie mim*

Muffin in a Minute

allowed on Induction (this is taken from an American site which is why the fibre is deducted)

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber) which is 30 grams in weight
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter

(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

Just tried this - errr, wow!! Can you eat the whole portion that you've cooked? I did anyway - yummers!

I've just made a lemon mim:

Usual mim mixture but omitting the cinnamon. Add a few drops of lemon flavouring. Nuke as normal. Et voila - one lemon muffin! And very yummy it was too!

Hi Everyone, the carb content on my packet of Neal's Yard Golden Linseed from Holland and Barrett states 34.25 grams per 100g. Obviously this is very high so I contaced H&b and I got a reply from the owners and thay said that there was indeed 34.25 g carbs per 100g. Even if you deduct the fibre content then it still leaves 6.35 grams of carb per 100g which I find high. If anyone wants to contact them you can at [email protected]
regards, Debra x

Linseed carb content

Hi, with regard to my post above, I have just been on Asda's site and Asda's own Golden Linseeds;

150g for 99p
Carbs 1.3g/100g
Sugars 1.3g/100g

So these look a whole lot better !!

Hi Everyone, the carb content on my packet of Neal's Yard Golden Linseed from Holland and Barrett states 34.25 grams per 100g. Obviously this is very high so I contaced H&b and I got a reply from the owners and thay said that there was indeed 34.25 g carbs per 100g. Even if you deduct the fibre content then it still leaves 6.35 grams of carb per 100g which I find high. If anyone wants to contact them you can at Expose Email
regards, Debra x

H&B press office told me the gold one is 0.7 and it's a labelling error. But if in doubt use the brown one, which says 0.7 on the label - or buy Flex, which is carb free.

Back