MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Hi Drasim and Ladyfelsham, I went to Asda today and got Golden Linseeds (whole seeds) £1 for 150g on the back it states carbs 28.9 fibre 27.3 so if you take away the fibre we are left with 1.6g/100g, even though on t5he Asda site it states 1.3g/100g!!
Ladyfelsham, I don't know what's going on with H&B, it took ages to get a reply, I had already written to Neal's Yard and got no response at all and the above post is what they told me the Golden Linseeds contain, so who knows. I only know that I would have expected alot more from both Neal's yard and Holland and Barratt, regards, Debra x

Yes Susie, I admit I expected better service especially as I actually wrote and posted a letter, so now I have gone off H&B.
Many thanks for the e-bay address I shall have a look, Debs x

Do they look like seeds or like grounds? Think you will need to grind them to make Mims - use a coffee grinder.

Some people sprinkle the seeds on yoghurt for brekkie (not if you're on Induction, though)

I bought the 'golden linseed' today called 'linusit' Do I have to grind them down or just bake them the way they are?? Please help!! xx

i have the same ones, had trouble grinding them, but found that a stick type mixer did the job easily

Hi Nikki, if they are seeds then they need to be ground down as the seeds are not digested and will pass straight through. I am not a coffee drinker but bought a cheap coffee grinder form Amazon and it grinds all kinds of seeds and nuts, regards, Debra x

Don't be worried about eating too many eggs hun, my cholesterol has gone down since being on Atkins - they are a little compact vitamin and mineral pill! :)

I'm not sure what im doing wrong...I am making my mims in a little tuppaware box and following recipe you have all kindly posted but my mims are coming out weird (or maybe this is just the way they should be??)
They seem to have that soggy wet bread feeling on one side even after toasting (I hate wet bread) and they taste and smell really eggy
What am I ding wrong fellow Mim makers?

I made my first Flax pizza and it was yummy. So now I can join the kids on Pizza night now! :D

Hello Atkins folk! I'm not following Atkins, but I am low-carbing, and I've just made my first MiM! I am amazed how well it came out, considering I guessed the quantities and didn't have any baking powder (used bicarb and vinegar).

Could someone tell me how long the muffins keep? I mean, can I make them and keep them in the fridge overnight, or make in the morning to take to work? Or are they best eaten straight out of the microwave? Just eaten mine with pate.....yum!

Hi they usually keep a day just fine. If you want to keep for longer then i sometimes freeze them sliced up and then have toasted

Thanks Katie! I'll try one for work next week. :)

I'm not sure what im doing wrong...I am making my mims in a little tuppaware box and following recipe you have all kindly posted but my mims are coming out weird (or maybe this is just the way they should be??)
They seem to have that soggy wet bread feeling on one side even after toasting (I hate wet bread) and they taste and smell really eggy
What am I ding wrong fellow Mim makers?

Mine was the same :(
and it fell apart when i tried to toast it lol

Hi - yes mims are a bit wierd

- some people find them too eggy - if you cant bear it find the recipe for flax bread (its hear somewhere) which uses yeast and is much more bread like
- when cooked in microwave, turn it out and leave it for a bit - it drys up
- try baking in the oven - i much prefer it
- feel free to mix and match the balance of ingredients to get something you like

Good luck:)

Flax bread

Dissolve one teaspoon Splenda in 80ml bowl warm (40C) water.
Sprinkle on 1 sachet quick yeast.
Leave for ~10 mins to get bubbly.
Mix 1 cup golden flax meal with 1 teaspoon baking powder.
Beat 3 eggs with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Add egg mixture to flax and mix well.
Add yeast mixture and mix well.
Put into silicon loaf tin (or other)
Leave for 10 mins to rise a bit.
Cook in microwave for ~5 mins.
When you turn it out, should be more or less dry on the bottom. If
not, I usually microwave upside down for another minute.

i've been making this, and adding something like garlic and hebs, or some spices, it is great toasted with melted cheese on!

Back