MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Ohhhh can anyone help? I haven't got a microwave oven but would love to have a go with these.

On the first page in post number 9 is the recipe for doing it in the oven. x

MiO (MUFFIN IN OVEN)
In a pyrex/anchor custard cup:

Beat 1 egg
add
1/2 tsp melted butter
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup flaxmeal (ground flaxseeds)

Stir until smooth, then add 1oz of sharp cheddar cheese (or whatever flavor)

Bake 325 F for 15-17 minutes.

Holland & Barrett's website give this information about Nealls Yard Linseed.

Nutritional Information

Typical Amounts Per 100g

Energy2059kJ 492kcal
Protein19.5g
Carbohydrates34.25g
Of which Sugars1.55g
Fat34.0g
Of which Saturates3.2g
Fibre27.9g
Sodium 0.03g

Oh tried my first MIM today - yummy - and so easy to make had a plain savoury one with some cream cheese on top - only 3.06 carbs in total - I love this diet - I have never felt so satisfied with what I'm eating - I got my flaxseed from Asda 90p for a small bag

I made 3 flaxseed muffins using the following recipe with very minimal carbs.

recipe -
1/2 cup linwoods ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 teaspoons liquid Hermasetas
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of melted butter.
1 heaped teaspoon of G&B cocoa powder

Mix everything together well in a jug. Transfer into 3 muffin cases
Bake at 180 degrees for 10/15minutes.

These are nicer if allowed to cool before eaten.

My ingredients carb values.

Linwoods ground flax seeds is 1.6 carbs per 100g.
Green & blacks cocoa powder 13.6 per 100g you only use a teaspoon.
Baking powder .6g
Hermasetas liquid sweetener - zero carbs!!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks 4, they sound lovely.

I've ordered some Hermasetas liqud sweetener, which is zero carbs yaye, and will give them a go. Think they sound like they'd work as a savoury cheese one too mmm.

I'd like to make a flat Mims on a Pyrex plate (my first Mims) should I grease - with butter - the plate first?

Thanks ladyfelsham, I ended up making it in a small basin & slicing it. It was not as flavoursome as I expected but I shall try again - with a savoury one next time. I think I shall still try a Pyrex plate.

Thanks 4, they sound lovely.

I've ordered some Hermasetas liqud sweetener, which is zero carbs yaye, and will give them a go. Think they sound like they'd work as a savoury cheese one too mmm.

Have tried the Hermasetas yet? I'm thinking of ordering some. I use Splenda at the moment.

I made a savoury mims today with grated cheese - I left out the butter but sliced & buttered it to eat. It was yum mmm :)

Great thanks! Just made one for my beef stew dinner. toasted it and added butter and it's so delicious! (I didn't add butter or any spices to my recipe so only came in at 2g carbs!)

Feeling much better to know I can have this!

Although I am only on Day 1 I have been looking at this thread with interest, as I remember doing Atkins previously and absolutely CRAVING bread. I made this substitute with cottage cheese I got from a recipe somewhere and it was vile LOL!!

Hoping these MiM's are a wee bit better tasting when needed.

I keep making MiM's but they always seem to taste really bitter! I think it's because I'm using bicarb instead of baking powder, does this matter?

Also, the seeds I'm buying aren't very low carb, the ground flax seed I first used was 7g c per 25g and the golden linseed I used was the same. Both I got from asda. Any recommendations which brand and where from?

Thank you :)

Hi Catherine, I get my golden linseeds from Asda, they are made by Besana, produce of China. On the back it states per 100g carbs 28.9g and fibre 27.3g so don't forget to take away the fibre from the total net carbs to give you actual carb count of 1.6g per 100g and yes you need to use baking powder NOT bicarb, they are completely different substances, hope this helps, Deb x

Back