MiM's & flaxseed recipes

Morning all. I just made my first mim and it went down a treat! I'm interested in trying one in the oven--any advice on how to bake it, i.e. baking times and temps would be appreciated.

I have tried all kinds of searches but I can't find the recipe I am using yet I know I got it from here, maybe it was on a recipe thread?? Anyway I really like it so I have typed it out for you. Sorry I have no idea whose recipe this was originally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLAXMEAL BREAD

75g flaxmeal
2 large eggs
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt OR 2 tsp cocoa and a sachet of splenda

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased bread tin or better a silicon mould, bake in a pre-heated oven for 16-18 minutes at 200 celsius. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.

It comes out at something like 596 cals, 29g protein, 52g fat and around 2g net carbs per loaf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As this is double the ingredients for the recipe in a mug I have been having half a loaf per day.

Last edited:
Please can i ask where you all buy your flax meal from as i cant seem to find it.??? Thx

The ground stuff is at Holland and Barrett £4.99, I believe some people buy the seeds (?? grains??) and grind their own in a coffee grinder, I am not that advanced yet, only on my 2nd packet. :)

Hi all quick question

I've found the pan cake mix on here but looking at it I have splenda loose not in packets so how many teaspoons is enough? And do I need the baking soda?

It says 3 packets splenda

Dont do it - many have tried to realise that it isnt worth it:D

Am no longer a flax virgin! I made the burger buns today - and they were sooooo good!

Don't know how I have survived so long low carbing without knowing about flax seed. What a numpty!

Thanks for all these recipes. An absolute lifesaver! :bighug:

I sometimes think back to my pre low carb days. The very thought of not having potatoes, rice or pasta with my meals seemed inconceivable! Didn't feel I would be having a whole meal without them.

Yet now, I don't miss them at all. Infact, I don't know how I could possibly fit carbs in - am so full after every meal!

This is such a brilliant thread for that carb feel. Yay

I too broke my MiM's virginity recently, and it's great. After more than 2 months on Atkins, and this being at least my 3rd time doing Atkins, it was about time really. The first MiM i made had a chemically taste, i think due to the sweetener but the second one was just perfect and it really is very bread-like. Hope it doesn't effect my weightloss since i can see myself getting into eating them every day.

losingit said:
I too broke my MiM's virginity recently, and it's great. After more than 2 months on Atkins, and this being at least my 3rd time doing Atkins, it was about time really. The first MiM i made had a chemically taste, i think due to the sweetener but the second one was just perfect and it really is very bread-like. Hope it doesn't effect my weightloss since i can see myself getting into eating them every day.

I just made my first mim think not enough sweetner but consistency was good so going to try again tomorrow thanks for recipie x

I was so pleased to find these recipes and couldnt wait to try them ......................I couldnt eat them , every time i tried they made me heave , Its the texture I think

Attachments

• image-2809680500.jpg
    image-2809680500.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 135
  • image-706574188.jpg
    image-706574188.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3790519416.jpg
    image-3790519416.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 231
  • image-1668205485.jpg
    image-1668205485.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 123
After reading all the posts about MiM's I headed for my local Asda and after a lot of searching I found a pack of "Milled Organic Flaxseed" (the only one they had). After paying well over £4 for the pack I thought even If I don't like it I'm going to use it.

Well I've made my first MiM today and I'm hooked, even though I didn' put enough splenda so it was more savoury rather than the sweet mixed spice I intended it to be, I spread a teaspoon of jam on it and it was lovely.

On the recipe it say's 1 packet of splenda, but as I didn't have a packet only a box I had to guess so I put in a teaspoon (not enough). Same with the spices, next time I will put in more. I didn't use the butter as Linzi said she didn't use it, I just added a teaspoon of water instead and it worked.

Please can somebody tell me how much splenda is in a packet?

Next time I'm going to do a plain MiM and try and cook it flat so I can make a "MiM Toasted Cheese Sandwich". Yum yum!!

Thanks for all the great MiM recipes.

Back