MIM's

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by jools1986, 19 March 2011 Social URL.

1. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    I am venturing into the world of MIM's because I think they may be my saviour haha.

I was wondering if there was a limit to them? I usually struggle to hit my carb limit so would I be able to have them with breakfast and dinner maybe? Or is it limited to once a day? Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rosebug

rosebug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.65%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    No official limit as long as you count the carbs, but flax goes through you at breakneck speed and 2 a day will probably keep you busy on the loo. It's also worth noting that some people have had to cut down on them because they've stalled.

I'd call it a false stall, in a sense, because they're so fibre dense and fibre bulks out so much with water, it's more likely they just make you carry more water. But it's worth being aware of.

MIMs are quite heavy and dense - try cutting one in half and having half with breakfast and half later, maybe? I can't manage a whole one.

4. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I agree with rose - one mim is a lot! I like to have a minimum of half a day to keep me regular and a max of one per day to keep it all under control lol!

I now make mine in mini silicon loaf shapes - half the mini loaf sliced with butter makes a great breakfast or snack:D

5. ber-297

ber-297 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(42.34%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    go carefully , if you over indulge you will know waaaay to much about the paint pattern in your bathroom :)

6. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

And make sure to drink even more fluid because otherwise the MIM can actually stall you in the digestive department! They can sorta dry out in transit...

7. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    I add a bit of water to the single Mim recipe and zap it in a square microwave dish, then slice in two - et voila, two pieces of toast :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.