mince beef - need recipe ideas

katiew86

Hi all,

I need some inspiration for ways of cooking mince beef. I like to batch cook as I work four days a week and have a 2yr old daughter and husband to see to haha.

At the minute I am mainly using the mince to cook bolognese and chilli, both of which we enjoy but I would like to have some alternatives. Currently have about 1.5k of mince beef in the freezer.

Another thing to throw into the mix is that my daughter needs a high fat diet, so any recipes that I can bulk up the fat content if I need to!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi hun

my favourite meals using extra lean mince are:

bolognese
homemade meatballs
mini meatball pasta bake
homemade burgers
cottage pie
chilli con carne
kebab sticks
lasagne
mince, onions and mushrooms mixed with beef oxo & wrapped in lettuce leaves

hope this helps Hun xxx

Here is my recipe for kebabs, mine are for turkey but it can be replaced with beef! Hope it's useful......

Pete’s Turkey Kebabs

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 Slice of 400g wholemeal bread (1/2 Heb per person)
1 Egg (ff)
1tsp allspice
1tsp cumin
1tsp paprika
Handful of parsley
Handful of fresh chives
Handful of fresh mint
4 Garlic (sff)
250g Turkey mince (ff)

Method

In a food processor rough chop the onion, garlic, parsley, mint, bread, chives tip into a mixing bowl , add the spices, blend well, season and roll into “logs”, pierce with metal skewers.
Pre heat the grill, cook for 12-15 mins until hot & cooked. Serve with wedges & salad.

Turkey Kebabs, Wedges & Salad (Small).JPG

Theres a SW magazine recipe for non-tomato based spag bol equivalent which is V tasty! Favourites for us with mince are Lasagne (can increase fat content with cheese and white sauce); Bulgar wheat and mince beef bake; Mince beef pie (pastry high in fat); homemade burgers with 'the works' (in a w/m roll, with salad and chips, burger topped with bacon, cheese, fried egg, and tomato chutney/sauce) :)

Back