Mind over matter monday **hour by hour**

Had a good weekend, but unfortunately dropped my 100% record by eating two slices of cooked turkey. Yes, its high protein etc but i didnt even want it, my hand to mouth action was quicker than getting my brain into gear!! So, totally back to SS today.
Some might know my CDC is away til 23rd and i'm not weighing myself til then but had to give in and have a sneaky look this morning as i would normally weigh on a Monday with her. Unofficially i have lost 4lbs this week. I did feel i'd lost a bitty more but its 12lbs in 13 days so i'm happy with that. I'll update my ticker when its official.
Hope everyone has a great day, i must get ready for work.
Mx

Morning Molly & Purdy ... :) i am with you on ss 100% all the way i had some sugar free jelly yesterday but won't be doing that again as scales havne't moved for 4 days argggg!!!

Purdy well done on staying 100% it is a great achievement because if you can do that in the 1st 5 days when it's soooo hard then that should give you a good stead for the rest of the diet!!

Molly ...here's to 100% from now on ..you have do really well nearly 1lb a day wow !!

Good morning girls,

Purdey, good job on getting to day 5. I can remember it well!!
molly, well put it behind you, Im sure not too much damage was done.

Im off to the doctor this morning. Not feeling too good these days and most of it is stress related. but on a lighter side, Im till 100%(ss+ this week). Feel good to get back on the treadmill.

i wish there was a sticky on Plateauing (or maybe there is?) It happens to everyone at some point but it really is so hard to get through it, I mean we put so much "head work" into this and for me that is harder than the physical! not to mention the money we pay out and then BOOM, plateau, scales slow down or stop! It really is such a downer, no wonder so many start to fail at that point. Im not ready to give in, but why cant I get that WOOSH, that everyone else seems to get after a coupe of slow weeks? everyone says,"your still losing fat", well maybe, but surely if we are losing fat we must lose weight? Fat weighs in pounds too doessnt it? Or maybe I should have a big binge, gain 7lbs and go back to the diet and lose it (plus more) the next week, this seems to be a pattern in many too.Well, why not if the lose is going to be the same? Oh I dont know, feeling a bit fed up today and need to let it out. SORRY

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay strong and you will get there, (faster than me Im sure)..

going shopping to cheer myself up, will buy some new house plants and flowers.

Good morning ladies. Wellandgood, I know how you are feeling. I have only lost 3lb in 2 weeks. Weighed myself yesterday and lost 6lb, but weight myself this morning and only lost 2lb. However, I take no notice at all of my scales. Although they are spot on the same as my CDC's, I only ever take notice of my official weight on Wednesday at 6. But, I do know how you feel. I can understand people packing in at this point too but what are the options? Everyone (including my CD) is telling to me have a meal, but I am scared. It's only 32 days to my hols and I can't afford to put weight ON!! Never mind eh? onwards and upwards. It has to come off eventually (probably when we are bankrupt :)).

Here's to a good day and week.

Morning all.......
Hope everyone had a great weekend..... and ready for another 100% week ahead..

I had a fab weekened... and on Saturday met up with some girls on a baby forum I have been on for over 4 1/2 years we all met in London. there was lots of drink, cakes, food.. and of course MILKSHAKE for me... lol...... I dont find it a problem they could not believe that I wouldnt even have something . but I just wouldnt .. I wont give in until the end......

Molly, its not the end of the world hon you had 2 slices of turkey heres to a great week ahead...

Purdey - well done hon your doing fab are you going to weigh in after a week if so good luck x

Wannabesize 10 - hey, why do we do it to ourselves on and off those scales.. heres to a great week ahead ignore the scales until wi..

Wellandgood hope your feeling better hon... and well done for still being 100%..

Mia, hon please dont be scared of having a meal it might give you that boost you need.. I was so scared and didnt have it til my 13th week but I have never looked back you still lose by having a meal... just try it for a week hon...... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee it make work.. dont be scared!!!!

Hi to everyone else that follows xxxx

Morning,

I started last week, and was doing well, until last night when i ate a burger, no bap, just burger!
Weighed myself and scales said 7lb loss, so happy!!

Good morning girls,

Im off to the doctor this morning. Not feeling too good these days and most of it is stress related. but on a lighter side, Im till 100%(ss+ this week). Feel good to get back on the treadmill.

i wish there was a sticky on Plateauing (or maybe there is?) It happens to everyone at some point but it really is so hard to get through it, I mean we put so much "head work" into this and for me that is harder than the physical! not to mention the money we pay out and then BOOM, plateau, scales slow down or stop! It really is such a downer, no wonder so many start to fail at that point. Im not ready to give in, but why cant I get that WOOSH, that everyone else seems to get after a coupe of slow weeks? everyone says,"your still losing fat", well maybe, but surely if we are losing fat we must lose weight? Fat weighs in pounds too doessnt it? Or maybe I should have a big binge, gain 7lbs and go back to the diet and lose it (plus more) the next week, this seems to be a pattern in many too.Well, why not if the lose is going to be the same? Oh I dont know, feeling a bit fed up today and need to let it out. SORRY

See you think that would make sense wouldn't you?

Turns out what happens is as we lose fat the fat cells shrink in size but not number, when we get to a certain point in weight loss you body thinks "whoah" and in its utter fear of losing more fat cell size packs the fat full of water so the cells are losing fat, they have to, but they stay the same size, so that if we do go off and eat our own bodyweight in lard, the cells have a lot of room to fill with lovely calorific energy rish fat. They dump the water and fill with fat again.

Re coming off and going back on - take it from me its murder. Or as we say in Glasgow "Murder Polis". I'm really fighting the head game today and yesterday

Stay on! but I totally get the really annoyed thing, I've always thought that losing weight should be directly proportional to the amount of effort you've put in. You know what I mean?

Anyway - me today - nothing planned, DVD to post via Amazon seller, off to post office pick up package from Ebay.

Thats it.

Morning All,

I am 100% SS this week and after losing 3lb over 3 weeks I am praying that this plateau is now over. I am 5lbs away from being under 11stone which I haven't been in 10 years since I was at school and is my next target. It seems like such a struggle at the moment, but with one decent WI I could get there. Fingers crossed. I am cutting out the exercise this week, drinking loads and going to bed as soon as I get in from work (to avoid any temptation).

Good luck to everyone for 100% today and this week xx

I've always thought that losing weight should be directly proportional to the amount of effort you've put in. You know what I mean?

"You will always lose the weight you deserve, just not necessarily in the week that you think you deserve it." - I don't know who said that but it's a quote that's always stuck with me

Had a good weekend, but unfortunately dropped my 100% record by eating two slices of cooked turkey.

but its 12lbs in 13 days so i'm happy with that. Mx

Dont beat yourself up about the turkey am sure it wont harm the scales and bluddy hell 12lbs in 13 days is amazing you go girl!!!!
xxx

Morning all, am feeling positive today, day 5 for me and haven't cheated once yet! (I know, it's not a big deal after only 5 days but hey, i'm chuffed!):)
P x

thats brilliant getting to day 5 alot dont get that far and now you are probably in fat burning so it will help loads and it will start dropping off!
xxx

Morning Molly & Purdy ... :) i am with you on ss 100% all the way i had some sugar free jelly yesterday but won't be doing that again as scales havne't moved for 4 days argggg!!!

positive vibes for being 100% xxx

Everyone (including my CD) is telling to me have a meal, but I am scared. It's only 32 days to my hols and I can't afford to put weight ON!! Never mind eh? onwards and upwards. It has to come off eventually (probably when we are bankrupt :)).

Here's to a good day and week.

why dont you come on ss+ with me, Denise and Lexie ? me and Denise are alternating 4 shakes and a meal day. It may help the weight loss. Ive only got 12 days now till my hols so I know how you feel. I ate at the weekend and it showed me I cant ss till hols and then eat on hols as it will stretch my stomach too far and I will feel terrible adn I dont want to ruin my hols.

stay strong everyone
xxx

morning to everyone else was replying then the phone rang etc etc and went to post it and cross posted with everyone so morning to everyone else I didnt mention in last post.

Curly I admire your resolve!!! I was like that first time round on CD unfortunately the same cant be said for this time!!!!
xxx

Good morning girls,

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay strong and you will get there, (faster than me Im sure)..

going shopping to cheer myself up, will buy some new house plants and flowers.

Oh chick sending you big big hugs - I know how you feel and you know I know how you feel.

I totally agree with Lexie on this one - I promise a binge wont sort it and you will feel alot worse than you do now physically but definitely mentally. (take it from someone who knows!!!) I did enjoy the nibbling a the party on Friday night, but there was absolutely NO reason whatsoever why I should have carried it on into saturday adn when I was eating on saturday it was the kind of eating where the mind was switched off and wasnt even tasting it and here we are on my W.I. day only losing 1.6lbs because of my blip and it was so not worth it! I was meant to be in healthy weight range for my hols and because of all my blips Im now going to be a STONE over H.W.R. and Ive only got myself to blame!

If I had stuck to my original plan I would have come back from hols being able to start maintenance and then in a few weeks after that be off the diet. As it is now after my hols I will have to do at least 4wks SSing and then maintenance so will be lucky to get to goal for 26th Aug like we planned!

I really feel for you plateauing and I really really hope that the ss+ week will help kick start your metabolism and give you the whoosh that you so deserve.

You are so so strong and we are going to do this together whether it takes baby steps or great big leaps! we are stuck together like in the 3 legged race and I know I keep falling over but I promise now I will do my absolute damnedest to stay upright and not pull you over with me!!
LOL
xxxx

Mia, hon please dont be scared of having a meal it might give you that boost you need.. I was so scared and didnt have it til my 13th week but I have never looked back you still lose by having a meal... just try it for a week hon...... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee it make work.. dont be scared!!!!

Hi Curley. I am getting weighed on Wednesday so I am going to see what the scales say. If I have another c**p week then I think I will eat next week. Everyone, my CDC, my family all think I need to eat now to try to kick it in again but you know, apart from being scared, I am like in a competition with myself - I do not want to give in and see it as a failure. I know I have had the odd cheat in 70 days, but nothing too dramatic as you know, but I feel I will fail if I eat. I think that if I only lose 3lb in two weeks with no food, what on earth will I lose (if anything) if I DO eat food :eek:

I started SS+ this week too (unfortunately though yesterday ate a bit more than I anticipated) so have left my cottage cheese as a "pick allowance" to see if that works any better for me rather than sitting down to a "meal"

WAG - See that I've given you a nickname, you are now officially hip - what about moving up to SS+ for a week give yourself a wee kick start? Actually looking at your time line you not about due a 810 week anyway? Ooooh exciting times!

Mia I know how you feel - when I did LL/CD last time I had 12 weeks of LL where you HAVE to be totally abstinent and so when I swapped to CD the idea of AAM week was absolutely horrific and I felt like I was cheating aswell but actually it was a good idea as it didnt make me as scared about eating after doing SS as I was starting to get really worried about eating and how much weight I would put on.
xxx

Morning everyone!

Wellandgood, i echoe what everyoen else has said, why don't you move up to SS+? it's a great plan IMO, I plan on going on it after Glastonbury at the end of the month, might do another couple of weeks on SS as well but i think after nearly 6 months SS i will be ready to move up the plans.

i'm not feeling great today, i hate my job and i get that awful knot in my tummy when i have to go in. I keep saying ''six more months till i get to go back to australia!'' homesickness is a killer. im just so fed up in general!

i'm going to get weighed tomorrow for the first time in 3 weeks! was going to wait for 5 weeks but i just cant wait that long. need some motivation and am hoping to see a 13 on the scales!

off to have my bar as my tummy is groaning so loud i think the visitors in reception can hear it! hope everyone is having a good day! x

Hi Curley. I am getting weighed on Wednesday so I am going to see what the scales say. If I have another c**p week then I think I will eat next week. Everyone, my CDC, my family all think I need to eat now to try to kick it in again but you know, apart from being scared, I am like in a competition with myself - I do not want to give in and see it as a failure. I know I have had the odd cheat in 70 days, but nothing too dramatic as you know, but I feel I will fail if I eat. I think that if I only lose 3lb in two weeks with no food, what on earth will I lose (if anything) if I DO eat food :eek:

Hey hon,
I so know where you are coming from as it took me alot to get into my head that I was allowed to eat and I was not cheating if I ate, if I was doing ss+ and once I did it I loved it...... and have stayed on it..
You are going to eat eventually and its acutally nice when you do.. Even if you try it for a week and then not happy with it you can always go back. Do what your happy with at the end of the day hon..
xxxxx

Back