Minerva; Confessions of a Food Addict.

Hi Minerva

Just wanted to de-lurk and send you a hug regarding your grandmother's passing. It really got me when you talked about your happy fake face and your inner crying face - totally get where you're coming from there.

Hugs xx

Hi Minerva

Just wanted to de-lurk and send you a hug regarding your grandmother's passing. It really got me when you talked about your happy fake face and your inner crying face - totally get where you're coming from there.

Hugs xx

Agreed. We can all be masters of the mask.

Specifially speaking about grief, whoever said "it get's easier with time" was wrong. What they should have siad is, "Hiding it get's easier with time". Put on a happy face, while your hearts breaking inside. SPent many a year doing that. Still do to a degree, because some things, you just don;t get over.

x

So true

I could see it in your face the other evening when you were talking about your Dad BL and the tears came to your eyes.
Bereavement counselling canbe a real help - even years after losing someone.

So so sorry Min, may god bless your grandmother and may she rest in peace. may god you give u and your family all the strength.

<<<<HUGS >>>>>> Min.

I am really sorry to hear you are still suffering from the loss of your grandmother. I am with BL. Grieving is a vital process and I still ache inside at the loss of my dad, every day, for more than eleven years now. It does get easier with time to mask this.

Can you plan a trip to Russia? Even if that is some way in the future. It can give you a focus to work to.

On the food front I am delighted to hear you are eating carbs again. I love cous cous too - or I did before starting LL. Very wise words from KD. Keep going girl, you're getting there. xx

Hey Min

I hope you are doing ok and taking some time out for YOU at this difficult time. Just wanted to let you know I had a look at your piccies the other day and you and your bf both look totally amazing!!! You are sooooooo pretty :)

Jez
xx

Argh!! *hides*

(Thank you though... :) To everyone. It really means so much to me all the comments you've all left here. I wish I could hug you all in person!!)

Guess at this time I'd rather not continue with this blog for obvious reasons (I may resume it a little later). Slowly I'm getting my eating in order - very, very, very slowly... Emotionally I'm all over the place. So my excessive control over my eating habits has become a coping mechanism for controlling the emotional pain. The two go hand-in-hand... if I lose control over one, the other will suffer.
While it is the opposite of 'over-eating' behaviour in times of great emotional need, it is equally as destructive. But I suppose, we all have our own ways of coping. At least I get to feel happy somewhere; which is for once in my life, I'm happy with the way I look. And that's a first...!

But life keeps going right? Only forward. Never looking back.

...One day at a time. Step by step we'll get there ... eventually.

Last edited:
Hey Min

Thought I would message you here, instead of hijacking Daisy's post with talk of Westfield and shopping! I do think you look fab in all your pics and that look really does work for you. I am a great shopper, lol could do it all day, I found that working out my body shape and then buying things to suit that really helped, lol but if you want a change of style or to be a bit more experimental, ooh lets go shopping hun!!!!

Jez
xx

PS: hope you are feeling fab and looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend :)

hi there
fame at last...?
is that your stuffed pepper recipe p70 of the new LL magazine!!!
(surely there can't be another minerva out there, lol!)
daisy x

Which stuffed pepper? o_O Lol. I do quite a few varieties! Yesterday was a Chickpea Vegetable Curry stuffed pepper! And then there's a cous-cous pepper, or a quorn mince inspired one, or chicken or whatever lol... Mmmm. I think they're fairly universal to be honest. :)

go and buy the magazine! x

Ooh - might have to buy the mag outside of LLC this month as she didn't have it last wed and I'm working away all next week. Few sheckels more though.

How exciting - to know someone who has contributed. I love stuffed peppers too.

I have kept lots of the recipes from the mags in a notebook, just waiting for me to start eating.....

Lol! I bought the magazine today - and I didn't officially 'contribute' - but I did post that recipe absolutely ages ago on the official Lighter Life Lite forums. ... So yeah, was mine indeed! :) Thanks Daisy!

Funnily enough - the recipe above from 'PrincessPentium' - she was a lady in my Lite group sessions at my counsellors... Possibly the most annoying person I've had the pleasure of meeting through Lighter Life, and I have met quite a few!

:)
Buying the magazine sort of makes me want to post one of these "Success Stories" - however, so do about 99% of all other LL members after their amazing weight losses! But I do feel the 'Rock' community is severely under represented! It's not just; for the lack of a better word, "normal" people dieting. It's everyone and everywhere, which I think gives it all immense strength, both in community and spirit.

i think it would be great if you got in - a lot of the people featured are very 'normal' - could do with some alternative folk in there, lol!
daisy x

Go for it Minerva

We need to see some personalities in there. You've achieved just as well as more conventional people.
There's no such thing as "normal".
Lots of people who look conventional have quite zany stuff going on inside and have led interesting lives.
Go on girl - write up your story it will inspire others.

OOh yes Min - your story would be fascinating. xxx

Go for it Min, we need more people like you featured in the mag :) also adore your recipe, can't wait to try it when I get to that point of eating again.

Hope you are well and have a great week.

Jez
xx

hi min
just noticed your stats - you are down to BMI 20 something - are you still losing?

I;m worried as i can't stop eating crap - although am excercising almost daily to compensate a little.

my main meal at night is very healthy - i just can't stop snacking in between

also i noticed you've lost over 53% of your body weight lost - wow i didn't realise that before - you must be feeling fantastic about that

daisy x

Back