Minerva's corner...

Oh no Minerva, that must be such a worry for you. I really hope he's ok and it's nothing serious. Do you know how long the test results will take? x

I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby :(
It is so worrying with them, I have a Bengal who has problems and it is horrible :(
Hope you had a good weekend apart from the worry and have a good day today x

Thank you, littlemisspiggy and Nat, hopefully I'll find out some results this week, fingers crossed it's nothing too bad... But even so, I am worried. Fluid retention in cats isn't a good thing. :( He's such a sweetie, I've really known attached to him, I didn't think I could care for another animal after my old pet... It's so strange that we get so attached to them! They're family though.

I'm sorry to hear you have problems with your Bengal Nat, it's not easy to have a pet with constant illnesses... My old cat had FIV (feline immune virus) and breathing problems. His face was constantly twitching, I guess due to some neurological issue, but he was just the sweetest, loveliest and happiest cat in the world. He was like a little person. He shone so bright and turned some of my friends into cat-lovers and they'd hated cats all their life! He passed away much earlier than we thought, due to an undetected growth on his spine that spread to his lungs. It seems I'm a collector of ill cats, but I do give them the best life possible at least. That's all I can really do.

Oh well... onwards... I hope everyone will have a good week ahead! x

Unfortunately... my cat's tests came back bad. They have high levels of FIP virus presence in their blood work, which... is a death sentence. They're unlikely to last a year. I hope the smallest remote chance happens and they develop the antibodies to fight the virus, but it's highly unlikely. There's nothing I can do and there is no cure. I'll just make sure they're comfortable as long as possible with all the delicious food they could possibly want and all the love and attention they deserve... But I'm not sure how I'll cope when they start to decline, it'll be heartbreaking.

Oh man, what a sh*tty day. :(

Thank you everyone for your kind words... I'm one of those weird people who seems to get attached to animals more than people, so this is not going to be easy... Oh well. I have to be grateful for them coming into my life, even if it is just for a little while.

But... back to diets and the like. WI today - I lost 5lbs somehow. That's half a stone in just two weeks even with 3 days off eating too much for birthday and stuff. I'm usually a really slow loser so this was a bit scary, I'm sure I'll STS for the next month now :p

Still! 25lb lost in 8 weeks and I'm over the halfway point to my first goal weight of 10st! And 2lb off from the Century Club! :D I have to make some new mini-targets...

Last edited:
Yay I found you!

25lbs in 8 weeks is blooming marvelous!

I have been on WW for 2 weeks & have lost 8lbs but like you my body just doesn't want to give up those blubbery bits easily so I am in it for the long haul.

Sorry to hear about your kitty cats.

Dxxx

Found your diary.

First off: cats - what a horrible hand you've been dealt but kudos to you for keeping up with making them happy and not using it as a mistake to get off the rails!

Secondly: well done on everything! You lost oodles and have such a positive mental attitude! Amazing job!

Minera you are rocking it! Go you that's some excellent losses and so close to the goal weight! I hope you have something pleasent lined up to celebrate when you do.

X

Well done on your weight loss Minerva...you are amazing! Weight wise it is going well for you...keep up the good work:0clapper:

I had been hoping for good news...What can I say, other than how very sorry to read that the results of the tests are not looking good for your cat, I know it is heart breaking for you...sending (((HUGS)))

Decided to quickly pop in - I'm all a bit stressed out at the moment - so I will catch up with everyone after exams! :) Hope everyone is doing well <3

As for dieting, I've gone off the rails a little bit, had two days completely off last week, ate everything I could get my hands on :eek: But have managed to reign it in. I don't have the energy, the patience or motivation for dieting right now, so I am just counting calories keeping it at just below maintenance - around 1200 or so per day until I get these exams out of the way. Then I'll try to get myself back into it I hope. But even if I don't get into a super-strict place like I was doing before, I am still counting what goes in, so I'm keeping an eye and making sure it all doesn't spiral out. :)

Back