Minerva's on a mission!!

Hey Minerva how you doing on your second day off? I love that 0% greek yoghurt :p:p I had tons of it on the dukan love the texture of it, ooh peeling that paper bit off the top.....*drool*

I think a week of 'normal' eating will do you the world of good, it's such a punishing regime being on a vlcd, I don't know how you've done it for nearly 100 days!!

Ah that makes sense. I think the odd day like that is fine and won't hurt.

Hey Minerva how you doing on your second day off? I love that 0% greek yoghurt :p:p I had tons of it on the dukan love the texture of it, ooh peeling that paper bit off the top.....*drool*

I think a week of 'normal' eating will do you the world of good, it's such a punishing regime being on a vlcd, I don't know how you've done it for nearly 100 days!!

Total 0% is delicious - but at £1 per pot (Asda didn't have the big tub :() is a little bit expensive!

Second day off has gone very well! I ate as much as I wanted today, whatever I wanted. :) Felt very satisfied and full! (obviously weighed things - but calorie counted only after the meal)

Breakfast: Yoghurt + chopped almonds + raspberries - this is SUCH a lovely breakfast, very filling for 4 hours or so. :)
Lunch: 1/2 tin Three Bean Salad + 140g cooked chicken over shredded lettuce with a spray of balsamic vinegar
Dinner: King Prawn + vegetable soy stir-fry.

Calories for the day: 930 - 55g carbs - 17g fat - 134g protein

-

Generally I'm not finding this hard - throw some protein in with some vegetables = hey presto - something tasty!

I'm not limiting the amount of protein I have, I'm having as much as I want as it's nice and filling. :)

-

The OH has some Lavas Turkish breads he keeps trying to offer me.. I love those sorts of flat breads, but they haven't bothered me at all. :)

I doubt I'll be calorie counting tomorrow - the OH has some turkey breast steaks marinading in tandoori yoghurt for dinner; so I'm not going to get pedantic over the precise values of that... it's just turkey and yoghurt after all! :p

--

You know the funny thing?? I'm slightly missing my dinner foodpacks!! I think I've gone crazy! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
this is brilliant :D you're eating so healthily and finding it delicious - good for you! we don't need those nasty processed foods do we? NO! They're killing us all and don't even taste that nice really once you think about it. Compare a nice fresh meal with a pastie or something...no contest once you've stopped craving the carbs.

Naughty carb addiction, making us think chemically laden disgusting food is delicious. Nothing delicious about something made in a factory

Let's free ourselves from the shackles!! *waves flag*

this is brilliant :D you're eating so healthily and finding it delicious - good for you! we don't need those nasty processed foods do we? NO! They're killing us all and don't even taste that nice really once you think about it. Compare a nice fresh meal with a pastie or something...no contest once you've stopped craving the carbs.

Naughty carb addiction, making us think chemically laden disgusting food is delicious. Nothing delicious about something made in a factory

Let's free ourselves from the shackles!! *waves flag*

Thanks Bee and Lou :D Lol, I like your flag there xD
Thing is with processed food - it's easy, quick and convenient. 'Real' food, that is more complicated takes planning and preparation - I remember my grandmothers cooking in their kitchens pretty much ALL day; not sure our modern lifestyle supports that.
I am finding the carbs easy to resist simply because I've not had them for so long... I'm "weaned -off" so to speak. Which is great, but I do realise this can't last forever. But, I'm fortunate in not liking chocolate (which is great start!) and preferring fruit over most sweets as it is. :) I am HOPING that I can keep my bread demon on the leash in the future - will always need to keep an eye there.

I think I may need to get into the habit of using the slow cooker more, it's a fantastic little thing. Throw stuff in - and hey! Gorgeous good in time for dinner! Just need to find more recipes than just the stews. Perhaps I'll try to make a Russian beetroot soup (Borsch) in there someday. It benefits from being slow cooked.

- - - - - - - - - -
In WEIGHT LOSS news - I was feeling really puffy and bloated on Sunday, the water retention is shifting! I'm 2 lb down this morning! Now because I had the STS week, I don't know whether it's down to me eating 'protein-high' REAL food or I would have lost it anyway on packs? LOL. Confusing.com !! :D

Oh well, starting the day with my FAVOURITE breakfast of all time (which I used to rely on when I was maintaining a few years ago too!) - Yoghurt with berries and chopped nuts. Om nom!!

Lunch - Bacon strip, chicken and mushroom salad.

Dinner - OH's yoghurt+tandoori spice soaked turkey breast steaks with steamed vegetables and salad.

:D

Having used MFP to make some rough estimations/realistic projections - it'll be close to a 1100 calorie day. :)
Keeping carbs low at approximately 60g for the day.

Last edited:
Stews are amazing though!!! I'd murder a yummy "mammy" stew! Love my mam's stew!

sounds like you are doing great min, I love my slow cooker too! I do extra lean mince in mine and add LOADS of veggies, kids love it on pasta and I know they have heaps of veg in them! I also do slow cooked gammon in diet coke, yum yum and lasts for days!

sounds like you are doing great min, I love my slow cooker too! I do extra lean mince in mine and add LOADS of veggies, kids love it on pasta and I know they have heaps of veg in them! I also do slow cooked gammon in diet coke, yum yum and lasts for days!

Hi Minerva I'm back to give this another go as my sister is with me and best friend to going back with my sister today. Can't wait. Already packed. Good luck. Are you on refeed now? Take care belle xx :D

Morning.
Your plan is working! It looks like it was just what you needed to kick start the weight loss again!
Well done you!

I hope you'll have a great day! :)

Morning.
Your plan is working! It looks like it was just what you needed to kick start the weight loss again!
Well done you!

I hope you'll have a great day! :)

It definitely seems like it! Another 1lb off this morning too! This water retention is shifting! Wow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another 1lb by Monday to get me into the 12st's... :D That would REALLY make my week! :bliss:

Back to the packs on Monday - I know I'll miss my yoghurt breakfasts the most...! :)

Wishing you a lovely day too!
x

Hi Minerva I'm back to give this another go as my sister is with me and best friend to going back with my sister today. Can't wait. Already packed. Good luck. Are you on refeed now? Take care belle xx :D

Thank you BattyBelle! I hope this re-start will be successful! Drink lots of water and keep yourself occupied.. don't be scared of a little bit of hunger; it's normal on carbohydrate withdrawal.

I'm not on re-feed, I took this week off packs and am eating 'real' food because after 14 weeks on VLCD, my body seems to have gone into a plateau. :) So I'm doing an Atkins style week, lots of meat/eggs/fish, low carbs and calorie counting to be below 1200. It seems to be working well so far.

x

Last edited:
Yummy food day

I love my slow cooker too so easy to make something delicious out of nothing :)

Yay for the loss!!! Must have been my flag waving that helped it along ;)

Stews are amazing though!!! I'd murder a yummy "mammy" stew! Love my mam's stew!

Guess what! Another 1lb off today! Total of -3 in 3 days. I'm soooooo happy this water weight is shifting! Yay! :D Hoping for 1 lb more before Monday's weigh in.
I think I'll explore some more slow cooker ideas when I'm off the diet for good, the OH loves everything that comes out of it usually. Though Gemma - you gave some LOVELY ideas there! Lean mince and vegetables and gammon in diet coke... Om-Nom! Looking forward to those...!!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with stews - agreed Peri! But I grew up on them back in rural Latvia, my grandma was too old and frail to be too imaginative in the kitchen and it was easy to get the big cast iron pot out and throw stuff in. :) Probably why I have a slight aversion to overcooked mushy vegetables now. But having said that, she did make some amazing mince cutlets, pancakes and schnitzel. So it wasn't all bad. :D

I hope everyone has a great day ahead of them - I'll check in on all of you lovely ladies later, as I have some studying to do now... Bleh!

xx

Thank you BattyBelle! I hope this re-start will be successful! Drink lots of water and keep yourself occupied.. don't be scared of a little bit of hunger; it's normal on carbohydrate withdrawal.

I'm not on re-feed, I took this week off packs and am eating 'real' food because after 14 weeks on VLCD, my body seems to have gone into a plateau. :) So I'm doing an Atkins style week, lots of meat/eggs/fish, low carbs and calorie counting to be below 1200. It seems to be working well so far.

x

Yes I hope this restart is successful too:) oh I see so weight plateaued oh right. Glad it's working for you. That's a great loss. Well done!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 4 of Week 15 ("Real Food Experiment Week") - OR! ... Day 101.

Had high energy for my studying today which is good, probably didn't get as much done as I should have, but I'm trying the best I can without going crazy! :p There's only so much excitement that can be derived from criminal law...

I made my OH some Warbuton's Square Wrap pizzas for dinner - which he looooves; they're tasty, but I wasn't too keen on all the carbs right now, even though I have a thing for those wraps... could just eat them on their own!... BUT... I did not. :)

So today went well; here's the menu:

--

B: Yoghurt and berries + almonds

L: Bacon Omelette

D: Cabbage nests filled with garlic chicken and mushrooms. Topped with a looot of mozzarella. :D Was delicious.

Calories for the day: 1120 - 34g carbs - 46g fat - 133g protein

--

I'm really finding this week useful in banning fear of food. I used to for some reason have fear of protein because I'd always seen it as calorific... Well yes it is - BUT it also keeps the hunger away for A LOT longer too. :D

I'm almost tempted not to go back on the packs on Monday; but, I know I will. :) No reason not to. I'm finding all this counting and planning of meals a bit distracting with the studying. The simplicity of the packs is not bad, but what this week has shown me that, I don't have to be scared of substituting a pack for some extra meat for dinner. :D I'm also getting really good practice in how to maintain my weight when I get to goal.

I'm also happy that I finally don't need my bra extender... sounds stupid, but it's a mini-boost anyway!! :p Got to take it where I can!

Can't wait for Monday; I really hope I can be in the 12st bracket by then!! That would be AMAZING! O_O !!!! *fingers crossed*

Hope everyone's doing well!!

x

Last edited:
Sounds awesome, hope the week off continues to go well for you, have you still lost weight this week after eating again?

Thank you! :)

My WI is on Monday, but since I started eating, I saw 1lb drop per day. I only weighed for the first 3 days though and have not done so since.

I think I'll go on as I am, and fingers crossed for a surprise on Monday (hopefully a pleasant one!!).

:)

Back