Mini Babybel

ermintrude

Gold Member
Tesco has delivered a giant pack of plain Mini Babybel instead of Light. I was gonna give them to the OH but it'll take him quite sometime to eat 12 and I need the fridge space. I though ah, 2 instead of 3 is no biggie... Ohhhh my wooooord Id forgotten how creamy these babies are!!! :drool:

Im on a Green day and only one HEX used so far on the menu for today...

Shall I have six?

In fact Ive only used 1.5 syns today so far... I could have ten!!! :eek: :D :8855:

well it would be a shame to let them go to waste!! ;)

i used to use the light and have 3 for hea right up until the day i bought the normal ones,was annoyed i could only have 2 until i tasted them!!! wow!! what a difference.....that was over a year ago now and i've only had the light ones once since...for a test...ew,cant eat them now. hubby agrees too.

The normal ones melt better too, if that's any help! I have a habit of making cheeseburgers by wrapping extra lean beef mince around a mini babybel, it melts inside, and seems really fancy, but is actually really easy! mmm!

The normal ones melt better too, if that's any help! I have a habit of making cheeseburgers by wrapping extra lean beef mince around a mini babybel, it melts inside, and seems really fancy, but is actually really easy! mmm!

I am definately trying this!

heyxtara said:

Me too that sounds so good!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmm, so how many full fat babybel count as an hexa?

You get two of the normal full fat one (instead of 3 of the light version). Bargain! :)

ermintrude said:
You get two of the normal full fat one (instead of 3 of the light version). Bargain! :)

Just bought some of these and it's all ur fault ermintrude lol lol dreaming about burgers just need a good recipe now lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's the same with a lot of "diet" food isn't it. We get so used to it and then have the real thing and OMG!!

Full fat natural yoghurt is so much nicer than the fat free one, and not that high in syns. So worth it.

Mmm I think it depends, I do actually like both, the full fat are probably a bit too creamy to go with a lot of things tbh although they are divine. The light ones a great to use quite a lot of in salads and stuff, I think the full fat would be too rich to do that too often, but they are divine to just have on their own or with crackers or whatever :)

It's the same with a lot of "diet" food isn't it. We get so used to it and then have the real thing and OMG!!

Full fat natural yoghurt is so much nicer than the fat free one, and not that high in syns. So worth it.

Full fat yoghurt and sugar and olive oil and stuff are soooooo underrated! Full fat yoghurt is sooo good and really isnt that bad! (Although I got to say Total 2% is good enough for me most of the time!)

And sugar and oil, you only need a weeny bit and they make SUCH a difference, a teaspoon or two of oil is *immensely* better than Fry Light for cooking and works out at about 1 syn per portion , or even less, its madness not to use it! Same for sugar, 1 syn per tsp! C'mon, youre not even gonna get one syn out of it once you divide the portions up!

Put some chocolate in my chilli last night, 2.5 syns divided by 4 portions? hardly breaking the bank!

Thanks Ermintrude - if I'd used my books I would have seen that...

Hmm, so I had 2 full fat yesterday & just had 3 lighter ones this lunchtime - and I'm not sure which I prefer... I think I actually like the texture of the lighter ones.

Am I alone in this?

Nope, I prefer the light ones. SW has messed with my taste buds and now I find the normal ones too creamy. It's the same with anything other than skimmed milk - even semi skimmed tastes waaay to creamy for me. At least it's a change for the better!

Actually, thinking about it, thats how I feel about full fat milk, butter and cream - I hate the feeling of it & can actually 'smell' it, which I dont like either. Still, as you say, its for the better!

On a slightly off thread note, Alpro natural soya yogurt is free, and so delicious. It?s a definite favourite of mine & has been for years. Well worth a try if you're looking for a free alternative to natural yogurt.

On a slightly off thread note, Alpro natural soya yogurt is free, and so delicious. It?s a definite favourite of mine & has been for years. Well worth a try if you're looking for a free alternative to natural yogurt.

I dont think the Alpro yoghurt is free is it? Which one are you referring to?

Dairy Free Simply Plain Yogurt, 500g pot 7½ 7½ 7½

Dairy Free Smooth Yogurt, Strawberry & Banana, 125g pot 2 2 2

Back