MINI GOAL: One weeks Physical Activity

Okay confession time......

Dear all I confess that I forgot completely about this yesterday and remembered on my way home from work today ..... sooooo I have just done 20 crunches (least that was what they were supposed to be) and it damn near killed me!

I'll do another 20 when I come in from weigh in tonight so that will still be my 40 done for the two days.

Wow confession is good for the soul :)

Okay I'm all caught up now - knackered but caught up!

My son is doing my feet holding .... then he did 20 and he did it with ease ..... swine :D

Great thanks Minilady - lost 3lbs so it's a yippeee from me. If I can lose 2lbs next week that's 2 stone gone in 6 weeks .... keeping my fingers crossed :D

Great thanks Minilady - lost 3lbs so it's a yippeee from me. If I can lose 2lbs next week that's 2 stone gone in 6 weeks .... keeping my fingers crossed :D

That's fantastic Katie:character00238: I'm really pleased for you. You'll lose the 2lbs easy, especially with all this exercise:D

I've decided tomorrow I am going to do 20 crunches (I still don't know if I'm doing the blooming things right:confused:) and 10 lunges on each leg.

Tracey
x

Tracey I'm so glad it's not just me who's not sure how to do them --- I'm just doing what I can and hoping that anything's better than nothing!

Well done on adding the lunges --- I was thinking of doing a couple of pilates moves tonight when I do my crunches - it all adds up.

You've done brilliantly maintaining for 7 months - how hellish is that to do really? I find that I'm okay on packs but it's the limiting of food that gets me every time.

Hey all, you can count me in on the crunches, i will start off with 20 a day too, from tomorrow!!

Hi Slimseaa:):):)

Tracey I'm so glad it's not just me who's not sure how to do them --- I'm just doing what I can and hoping that anything's better than nothing!

Well done on adding the lunges --- I was thinking of doing a couple of pilates moves tonight when I do my crunches - it all adds up.

I've never tried pilates, I have a customer who's just started a class near me, she loves it:) Unfortunately the classes are held whilst I'm at work. I know another excuse:rolleyes:;)

You've done brilliantly maintaining for 7 months - how hellish is that to do really? I find that I'm okay on packs but it's the limiting of food that gets me every time.

Thanks Katie:) Crikey where to start answering that question:confused:

I too am an all or nothing girl. I had tried all sorts of diets over many years but had never done a VLCD (I never thought I'd be able to cope if honest). Then I just felt desperate to shift the weight and felt trying a VLCD was a last hope. I soon realised I loved the strictness of it and the fact that I didn't have to weigh, calorie count etc. As I wasn't eating I couldn't overeat.

Reintroducing food was a struggle for me, I was so scared I'd binge again, or just wouldn't be able to stop eating once I started:rolleyes: I followed the stabilisation steps to the letter and with every stage my confidence grew. I surprised myself, I could eat sensibly afterall:eek:

Once I got to maintenance again I felt unsure I could cope, but have battled along. It isn't easy, I still have the old problems I had with food, I still occasionally binge eat (normally when upset about something). I still have to think about my food intake, and if I have a naughty day then I have to cut back for a couple of days to balance it out.

I'm still having to do a lot of head work, and I know I can never take my eye off the ball where my diet is concerned. I would say I eat healthily 80% of the time. I do allow treats, which normally come in the form of an indian meal and alcohol, but these are now considered as deserved treats.

I am now a lot more confident in the fact that I won't put on the weight again, but I never take it for granted.

Tracey
x

Cheers Tracey, that was really good to read - very helpful. It's great to read inspiring stories of people who were in the situation that you find yourself in ....... if I can do half as well as you I'll be made up!

Cheers Tracey, that was really good to read - very helpful. It's great to read inspiring stories of people who were in the situation that you find yourself in ....... if I can do half as well as you I'll be made up!

Ahh thanks Katie:flowers: You are doing as well as I did, you're losses are great, it won't be long before you're maintaining too! I promise you the time flies. Before you know it you'll be panicking just like me:p

No I made it sound like a hardship, and some days it is tough, but I feel healthier than I have ever done, I am slimmer than I have ever been, and I am so much happier within myself, so on the whole maintenance is a great place to be:D

Just done my 20, and 5 more just for laughs. Har de har har!! LOL :D

LOl Show off :p

Tracey
x

Hi all, well just to let you know I did 20 mins on the Cross trainer and only lost 100 cals, 20 crunches and 30 of the gliding in and out on the LegMagic. Let's hope I can keep this up, :)

I am feeling the pain in my legs and tummy this morning, however feel gr8 and this has made me even more determined to keep it up, thanks everyone for the motivation.

I am feeling the pain in my legs and tummy this morning, however feel gr8 and this has made me even more determined to keep it up, thanks everyone for the motivation.

Hi Slimseaa

If you're feeling some pain try doing a few warm up stretches before and after your exercise, this should stop sore muscles.

Thanks for posting that you've just reminded me I haven't done mine yet!!! Am off to squat and crunch now:D

Tracey
x

My tummy can feel that I've been doing the crunches - def working in that area! :)

Thanks minilady, will try that today! One thing though I wanted to check with all of you, are you sure it's ok to do the crunches regularly, as I still have a huge flabby stomach (despite losing 6 stones) and don't want it to turn in to muscle, but to reduce the tummy.

Hope you have a great night BL - enjoy :)

Back