MINI GOAL: One weeks Physical Activity

Oh!!!:confused:

Not sure what I did there!!!!

Looked on ebay and hopefully if I've done it right you should be able to go straight to it from the link I've just posted.

Quite a few on there for £45

Tracey
x

do you read that that it's free postage?

LOL Tracey ---- the joys of puters ............ we just do though we haven't a clue what it is we do!

:rotflmao: I can't believe I did it right!!!!

When I first started using minimins my kids had to sort out the avatars and signature things for me:eek:

Yup free postage too:D

Tracey
x

I went to the gym again today, there is no stopping me:eek: I thought I'd find it boring and not enjoy it at all (this has been my past experience anyway!)

But I'm loving it:D I have tried to think why this would be and the only thing I've come up with is that whenever I've been before I've always had lots of weight to lose, I've been transfixed by the calorie counters and praised myself if I'd worked off a breakfasts worth of calories and a bit of lunch too. The first thing I wanted to do when I got home was weigh and I never felt relaxed, just impatient as I wanted this glorious transformation to happen overnight.

I have always from a child wanted to be slim, I would try to imagine what it would be like, how I would look, how others would look at me. I can always remember making my family laugh, I was about 10 and it was a relative's wedding, an uncle asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I simply replied 'thin', they laughed and cooed, but I was deadly serious! Now finally after 35 odd years of longing it's happened, I am that slim person and do you know what I don't really care how I look and certainly don't worry how others look at me. I've realised that it's all about how you feel that's important. I've succeeded in something that I thought I could never do and this is so enpowering, liberating and truely fantastic! I feel now that anything is possible, I can achieve if I put my mind to it.

So today I came out of the gym feeling good about myself, not because I'd worked off breakfast, but because I now find it a relaxing place to be, great for working off any negative energy! Happy that I'm going because it's part of a healthy lifestyle and not because I'm desperate to lose an extra lb.

Tracey
x

Tracey that is a brilliant post to read - so honest, so inspiring and just full of good feelings, thanks for posting that.

Great to hear you enjoyed it so much, you're really going to benefit from going in body and mind and you can't ask for much more than that ---- good on you xx

I agree Katie. Tracey I read this this morning and meant to reply but I couldn;t at the time.

That is a lovely post! You sound so grounded, and positive! And the gym should be fun. I think you made a good point - doing it because it is a healthy lifestyle change, and relaxing "you time", etc., is SUCH a better reason and motivator then doing it bcause you "have to lose a few pounds". (There is that nasty word HAVE to again! ;))

I really liked that post of your a lot.

xx

Oh yeah - just to keep it straight, I have been doing my crunches and leg lifts as promised. I miss having a ticker but it says I have exceeded my characters. :( So I will have to wait till the easter challenge is over before i can put it back up.

Do we get more signature space as we go along, like other priveleges? Anyone know?

not sure on that one BL - I didn't think so to be honest as they'd be filling more and more of the page .... mine seem to go on for ever ;)

I miss your biker chick avatar - and your sofa LOL

I had to bin my weight losses --- thought they'd be the best to go as I could still show my overall loss on my ticker.

LOL keep em going - you can always change them as and when ..... and the Easter one will be finished with soon.

Tracey that is a brilliant post to read - so honest, so inspiring and just full of good feelings, thanks for posting that.

Great to hear you enjoyed it so much, you're really going to benefit from going in body and mind and you can't ask for much more than that ---- good on you xx

Thanks Katie :):)

Noticed on another thread you got yourself a belt!!! We'll be buzzing every evening! Let us know what you think to it! Because I've been doing the crunches and using the belt (although not daily) I'm not sure which is benefitting me more, but my upper abdomen is definately looking better!

I agree Katie. Tracey I read this this morning and meant to reply but I couldn;t at the time.

That is a lovely post! You sound so grounded, and positive! And the gym should be fun. I think you made a good point - doing it because it is a healthy lifestyle change, and relaxing "you time", etc., is SUCH a better reason and motivator then doing it bcause you "have to lose a few pounds". (There is that nasty word HAVE to again! ;))

Lol I've been thinking about your post of yesterday, I read it again this morning and I can so relate to your LLC's words, it got me thinking about how I feel about myself now and why I feel it and how different I treat myself. I mentioned to a friend the other day that I feel I have changed so much since losing weight, she told me 'you're still the same, just thinner' She's right, I am exactly the same to everyone around me it hasn't changed my personality, but I've changed how I feel about me, I've realised I quite like myself and just by accepting that I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Look what you've gone and done BL, got me all meditative and gooey:D

Tracey
x

Yep Tracey I'm buzzing - and I love the feel of it too :D Not noticed any major immediate effects (tummy's hasn't disappeared disappointingly) but you can feel it after it's turned off can't you? That surprised me. I'm still doing the crunches too though not doing them with the belt on yet.

I can fully understand the feeling different about yourself, I definitely do feel that and that's only after losing a few stone ...... no idea as to how I'll feel when I actually hit goal. As long as we all love our new selves we'll not go far wrong :)

Yep Tracey I'm buzzing - and I love the feel of it too :D Not noticed any major immediate effects (tummy's hasn't disappeared disappointingly) but you can feel it after it's turned off can't you? That surprised me. I'm still doing the crunches too though not doing them with the belt on yet.

It's a weird feeling, a bit like a Tens machine which I had in labour with baby no.2 to help with contraction pain. Lol I hope the slendertone helps more than the tens machine did;) It blooming hurt:eek:

I can fully understand the feeling different about yourself, I definitely do feel that and that's only after losing a few stone ...... no idea as to how I'll feel when I actually hit goal. As long as we all love our new selves we'll not go far wrong :)

It's really hard to put into words how I feel, but I think everyone seems to feel the same, so you will soon. I wish I could bottle it and give you a taster:)

Yes you're right it starts on the diet, maybe because we know we are embarking on something that at first seems so impossible to do, and when we start to realise we can do it and the results start showing we feel in control and proud of ourselves.

Tracey
x

Back