Mini Morgan- hopefully!

Morgan1

Well it's begun, I'm on day three now and I am feeling very positive!

I've always been a little bit big but the weight seemed to pile on after moving in with the other half, when we got engaged we both decided to change our lifestyles and begin our married lives as much lighter people. In the year run up to the big day I lost 2 stone 7lbs and he lost almost 5 stone, both through healthy eating and exercise.

We got married Christmas eve and I am so proud of our achievements, first pictures that don't make me cringe in a long time. The weight continued to come off for a couple of months but much slower, then I seemed to stabilise. I've maintained the weightloss but I'm just not happy with how I look at the moment.

So here I am, very excited that this could be it and I am determined to do this. The stories I've read so far have really helped my determination. I'm really looking forward to the journey, come on weigh day!!

So one week in and I have lost 9lb! VERY pleased with that, even survived a night out with the girls who ate crisps, pizzas and wine. I had a bar and some water! Looking forward to getting into the 15's now.
Roll on next Sunday!

Well done hun that's a great loss Xx

Well done, great result.

So one week in and I have lost 9lb! VERY pleased with that, even survived a night out with the girls who ate crisps, pizzas and wine. I had a bar and some water! Looking forward to getting into the 15's now.
Roll on next Sunday!

Hi!

I'm starting back too...you're a few days ahead of me as my first weigh in is Wednesday. You're sounding really positive and motivated! Keep you the good work :)

Annie

Thanks Annie, I am feeling qquite motivated but mainly because I'd like it to be over as soon as possible! Just going to get my head down and plough through! Good luck for Wednesday x

Morgan1 said:
Thanks Annie, I am feeling qquite motivated but mainly because I'd like it to be over as soon as possible! Just going to get my head down and plough through! Good luck for Wednesday x

Wednesday came around really quick- nearly Saturday again now!

Wow! 9lb in one week is awesome! Hope I'm looking at a loss like that this time next week!

Goo luck with the rest of your journey x

I finally found your diary :D Wow I did not realise you went out with friends and among the very tempting food (not to mention vino!) stuck to your bar and water! My dear I could not be more in awe of you!! :worthy:
You do sound very positive and determined (as said above) and I think that is the right way to approach this diet - all or nothing (or that's my plan anyway)
I'm getting all excited about your weigh in on Sunday - have a good day tomorrow.

Wow! Fantastic first week loss - I hope mine is as good as that! xxx

Good luck for weigh day tomorrow- cant wait to see how good week two has been :)

Thank you for all the supportive comments everyone!

Well, week 2 is finished and i've lost another 6lb. So thats 1 stone 1 pound in 2 weeks. I'm completely aware the loss will slow over the next couple of weeks but i'm really happy so far and am hoping to loose 3lb a week. I was back at work this week which really helped staying on track, in fact I was so busy I struggled to find time to eat everything I was meant to!

I've really enjoyed this week and i've experimented more with the packets, evening meals with the extra veg allowance are my favourite time of the day! I even managed to survive another party yesterday, i'm beginning to realise that it's not difficult to say no to food but what is difficult is breaking the habit of reaching for the food (the table in front of me at the party had bread, olive dip, olives, stuffed peppers, doritos, pringles, cupcakes) I managed to rearrange the table so the food I would have automatically reached for was on the opposite side of the table. It's surprising how many times i went to pick something up, not because I wanted to eat it but just because I automatically would.

I only had 3 packets yesterday so I was able to take a chicken salad with me to eat while everyone else tucked into sausage and mash with jelly and ice cream AND cupcakes afterwards. I enjoyed my salad though and on the way home did not feel like I'd missed out on anything at all. Parties are about the people, not the food.

My mantra in my head is 'I'm not eating that now, but i'll have a little bit of it one day' nothing ever seems so bad once i've reminded myself of this. I'm not planning on being a saint after i've met my goal, life is for living after all, but I am confident that i'll be more sensible with portion sizes and stopping that habit nibbling once this is finished!

I hope you are all doing really well too!

Until next Sunday! :D

Morgan1 said:
Thank you for all the supportive comments everyone!

Well, week 2 is finished and i've lost another 6lb. So thats 1 stone 1 pound in 2 weeks. I'm completely aware the loss will slow over the next couple of weeks but i'm really happy so far and am hoping to loose 3lb a week. I was back at work this week which really helped staying on track, in fact I was so busy I struggled to find time to eat everything I was meant to!

I've really enjoyed this week and i've experimented more with the packets, evening meals with the extra veg allowance are my favourite time of the day! I even managed to survive another party yesterday, i'm beginning to realise that it's not difficult to say no to food but what is difficult is breaking the habit of reaching for the food (the table in front of me at the party had bread, olive dip, olives, stuffed peppers, doritos, pringles, cupcakes) I managed to rearrange the table so the food I would have automatically reached for was on the opposite side of the table. It's surprising how many times i went to pick something up, not because I wanted to eat it but just because I automatically would.

I only had 3 packets yesterday so I was able to take a chicken salad with me to eat while everyone else tucked into sausage and mash with jelly and ice cream AND cupcakes afterwards. I enjoyed my salad though and on the way home did not feel like I'd missed out on anything at all. Parties are about the people, not the food.

My mantra in my head is 'I'm not eating that now, but i'll have a little bit of it one day' nothing ever seems so bad once i've reminded myself of this. I'm not planning on being a saint after i've met my goal, life is for living after all, but I am confident that i'll be more sensible with portion sizes and stopping that habit nibbling once this is finished!

I hope you are all doing really well too!

Until next Sunday! :D

Go you!!! Well done. Very positive! You'll be at your goal weight in no time!!!

Fingers crossed, how is everything going for you?

Morgan1 said:
Fingers crossed, how is everything going for you?

Fine thanks! Day 12 is nearly over... All good! :)

How are you getting on hun?

Another 6 pounds well done!! That is fantastic ( : you are doing really well. You have willpower alright. Im going to change my weigh in to sunday too as I need that as motivation to stay on the straight and narrow on a saturday- and the happiness of lost weight on sunday will keep me from snacking.
Have a great week and keep up the goid work. X

That was exactly my logic!! Also, if Sunday's weigh in isn't great I've got a day to cheer myself up with bubble baths, a good book and maybe a walk in a local park. Just had chicken soup with broccoli, cauliflower and chicken. So yummy! Will be ordering more soup next week.

That was exactly my logic!! Also, if Sunday's weigh in isn't great I've got a day to cheer myself up with bubble baths, a good book and maybe a walk in a local park. Just had chicken soup with broccoli, cauliflower and chicken. So yummy! Will be ordering more soup next week.
Yes I like the soups too and have one a day either for lunch or dinner. My supplies arrived today - so I had the Vegetable soup tonight - and it was nice - although next time I will be putting in some spices..not sure what yet but it lacked something in taste.
I am unfortunately put off the meals...and seriously cant stomach it at the moment. I tried the curry one on saturday and was nearly sick. I dont know its the smell and taste of the ones with the soya mince. And I used to love veggie mince. So it will be shakes and soups for me for the next couple of weeks. Maybe by then I will like the meals again.
Good luck for the week

Well week 3 is over!! Lost 3lb this week which is what I'd ideally like to loose each week so I'm pleased with that! Few inches off this week too which is brilliant and family comments about noticing a difference are spurring me on.

I've been a little bored of the meals recently but I think it's because I've eaten all my favourites and have a week left of things that are ok, I've ordered next months food early so I can begin to mix it up again. I'm hoping to be out of the 15s very very soon!

Back