Mini Syns, Maxi Savings Tweaks

I just have to share. I really like very thick strawberry yogurt with very little sugar but couldn't find any. So I Mixed 2/3 cup of 0% Fage Greek yogurt with 1tsp Hermesetas sweetener and 1tsp Stute diabetic strawberry jam. DEElicious and only half a syn! I also saved £1 by buying a large tub instead of a multipack.

image.jpg

I craved lemon meringue last weekend and found a syn free lemon curd recipe, which I added to a meringue nest for 3 (well worth it) Syns.

The curd is so easy and I had all the ingredients in my kitchen already. I mixed the juice of one lemon (finely grated zest optional) with two eggs and 3 tbsp sweetener. Whisk well in a glass bowl, put it over a pot of boiling water and stir over a low heat until it thickens. Add in 60g quark when it has cooled a bit and pop it in the fridge.

image.jpg

Good idea... thank you for starting the thread :D

"Diet" food can be pricey s I'm thinking of ways to save on them. I've started using the website my supermarket.com to compare prices. There is a Tesco, Sainsburys, M&S and Waitrose within 10 mins walk of where I work so I check which one has an offer on Alpen lights, Sugar free squash, veggies, quark etc. and walk there during lunch time. It also adds at least a 1 000 steps to my Fitbit...

Yesterday I saved £5 (£6.80 if you count the free coffee Waitrose gives to card members)

that's awesome... I love my supermarket... there are certain things I always buy on offer such as my coffee... it's full price is £5 for a tiddly tin... and I never pay more than £3 usually £2.50 and that's how I find it when I am getting low.... and stock up from whoever has it on offer :D

One of the best investments for saving money on SW or any healthy eating plan is buying a slow cooker. Save money cooking cheaper cuts of meat and no need to add any fat! I can recommend the Skinny slow cooker recipe book from Amazon for new users.

SW pulled pork is so good my (skinny) husband can't get enough!

http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/bbq-pulled-pork.aspx

image.jpg

I tried visiting your diary but I wasn't allowed. Maybe because I'm still new here?

Oh no.... it's members only but you are a member.... I will ask the tech peeps xx

I've started buying 'fancy' fruit and veg as a way to entice myself to eat more of it. You can save loads by visiting a fruit and veg market shortly before closing on a Saturday (or Sunday if it's open) as the items won't last Til the next week. I saved £10 in comparison to Sainsburys on corn on the cob, oyster mushrooms, vine cherry tomatoes, avocados and yummy blackberries. Go on, support your local fruit & veg growers!

image.jpg

I've discovered the perfect app to easily offload recipes off the Internet and save it in one place. Paprika is for iPad users but there are several good ones available for Android too. I paid £3.99 and the only downside is that you can't sync it with your iPhone unless you pay £3.99 for that too.

Nevertheless, I'm an iPad cook and now I might never have to buy a recipe book ever again! I'm still getting to know it but nifty features include saving recipes with 2 clicks, categorising them, adding ingredients to a shopping list and even a timer if you are multi tasking or catching up on some telly while your dish bubbles away. It sure beats my mum's dog eared recipe book with undecipherable handwriting and stains dating back to before my birth.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Love the idea of the blitz berries. Ive been buying them on offer and freeze them for use later. So blitz a few frozen ones and make it more like icecream :)

Back