Mini Triumphs

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
Had a pretty good weekend this weekend.
On Friday night was visiting DH in hospital (just minor stuff), left about 9, MIL was looking after DD so was on my own driving home and my chatterbox says, "This is a great time to have MacDonald's, nobody would know and you could eat it in peace".

I am thinking WTF? Where did that come from, I don't even like Macdonalds!! I haven't been there in over 10 years.
I would have probably done it pre LL, but I had a planned snack when I got home, new nut bar and half vanilla to make into a latte, which actually I really like, and a game of scrabble with MIL to look forward to (thrashed her again :D)
So that one was averted, even though I drove longingly by Burger King.

Triumph 2 - Making a roast today, it was tough smelling it, but I handled it just fine. I am finding it quite enjoyable cooking for DH and DD and they are eating much healthier meals now too.

Went for a stop in last night and was down 1.75 lbs so was chuffed about that. Nearly 11lbs now and only 1.5 weeks in.
I am going to be looking quite good by Christmas at this rate :cool:.

:happy096:good for you .its the small things that keep me going had really bad couple of days but stayed true and then got my little :eek:pink jumper on and have happily floated all weekend (i call it little as it hasnt fit for 2 years :party0049:)so you keep up with the good work hun and enjoy those little mile stones because they mount up to one huge achievment.xxx mandy

Brilliant, Alibongo! Isn't it weird how those little voices jump up and surprise you? It's great that you're able to ignore them and carry on. I guess we're all having to form new habits and patterns of behaviour at the moment - much harder than losing the weight, really, as our minds fight back in mysterious and unexpected ways!

Well done you in resisting!

Hi Alibongo (good name!!),
Well done! I also find that when I cook for DH that he is getting healthier meals and I actually quite like the smells. Guilt free! lol
I think the voices and your recognition of them are key to this program. If you hear them, rather than just acting on them, then you can rationalise the thought and if it is good for you or bad for you. How many times have I found myself sitting in the car with the remains of burger wrappers round me and thought "I didn't need that, I wasn't even hungry". Far too many times and now, well, I drive past them without a second glance. Not good for me so why ruin my losses for something so unhealthy. Much rather have something that will do me good in the long run and at the moment it is the packs.
I have, surprisingly, found that I am craving a green salad with balsamic vinegar dressing. Oh, my mouth is watering at the thought and it's only half seven in the morning!! lol I wouldn't have eaten it six months ago and it is something that I am really looking forward to when I go into management.
Keep up the good work, it is soo worth it!!!
And congrats on the losses so far, that are fantastic!

Back